• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BadeMillsap
    • Dec 2005
    • Bulverde, Texas, USA.
    • Grizzly G1023SL

A Christmas Present for my granddaughter

....she's only 2+ now but I suspect by the time she is 5 between Mom, Dad and G'ma it will be overfull. Woods are black walnut, quartersawn white oak and mesquite ... this is the 3rd one I have made from this plan. Finding plans for jewelry boxes that are not too small, not too big and a style I like have been difficult for me ... I am sure there are thousands out there but so far this one appeals to me and has very good functionality.
    Last edited by BadeMillsap; 09-02-2019, 01:39 PM.
    "Like an old desperado, I paint the town beige ..." REK
    Bade Millsap
    Bulverde, Texas
    => Bade's Personal Web Log
    => Bade's Lutherie Web Log
  • Black walnut
    Administrator
    • Aug 2015
    • BT3K

Looks great! message me about the title you would like. I think I can still edit those but it has been a while since I tried.
    just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

Comment

• BadeMillsap
      • Dec 2005
      • Bulverde, Texas, USA.
      • Grizzly G1023SL

Originally posted by Black walnut
      Looks great! message me about the title you would like. I think I can still edit those but it has been a while since I tried.
      Thank you for fixing the title!

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

Bade Millsap
      Bulverde, Texas

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

Looks great, a gift that will go with her all her life and hopefully be passed onto her daughter and her daughter. Have you thought of hiding a time capsule that contains a card from grandpa to grand daughter and maybe a photo and a brief history of grandpa for great granddaughter

Third one? What is you estimated build time now?

capncarl

Comment

• BadeMillsap
          • Dec 2005
          • Bulverde, Texas, USA.
          • Grizzly G1023SL

Originally posted by capncarl
          Looks great, a gift that will go with her all her life and hopefully be passed onto her daughter and her daughter. Have you thought of hiding a time capsule that contains a card from grandpa to grand daughter and maybe a photo and a brief history of grandpa for great granddaughter

Third one? What is you estimated build time now?

capncarl
          Thank you ,.. a clever notion! Well I wasn't working with a time constraint but I'd guess actual hands on shop work less than 10 hours .... includes milling raw rough cut stock, cut parts to rough sizes, stain before assembly, mill edges to shape, cut and glue final sized parts, cut glass and etch, install glass and mirror. The most tedious and time consuming is drawer building and glue up. Those have to be built, fit verified and fine tuned as necessary then flocked inside. Oh ... and fitting the hinges to get a clean and accurate fit takes ME a long time ... I have never been good at hanging doors or gates of ANY size ... just not in my DNA I guess.
          Bade Millsap
          Bulverde, Texas

Comment

Working...