• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Great job on the cabinets. Wish my laundry room was big enough to install cabinets. Unfortunately it's only 5'-7" x 11'-5" with the hot water heater, a stacked washer and dryer, and a freezer all down the outside wall. The space between the washer/dryer and the freezer has a window in it that I don't want to close in.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

I heard someone say that this paint is like bread dough, you pull it a little and let it sit and do its thing. So.... When it is applied it is wet, then you brush it to get the coverage you stop. It will work its own magic. If you rub it, or pull it, you have interupted its self leveling magic! I do know for a fact that it works extremely well flat and you can pile on the paint, but if you get the paint thick on vertical surfaces it will wait until you are not looking and run like crazy. 2 good coats coverrs well and will even hide magic marker lines. I wasnt real happy with the primer my friend suggested, zinsers cover something. I always had to sand every square inch of the primed surface a lot because it chalked up so. Way too much sanding. Fed up with sanding i painted the Advance right on all of my trim boards without any primer and can not see any difference. Maybe it will not be as durable as the primed wood and might peel, i dont know.

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2007
        • Buena Park, CA
        • CM 21829

Cap, those cabinets came out awesome! And it looks like a ton of storage space. I like the configuration with the drawers, this gives me some great ideas for our much smaller laundry room, which is in serious need of having the c.1950s cabinets replaced. Thanks!
        Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• capncarl
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Leesburg Georgia USA
          • SawStop CTS

We made a bo-bo when designing the cabinets, after "everyones" mind was made up i decided that i would set them on a 6" base rather than a 3 1/2" conventional size so i wouldnt have to hack up the 6" baseboards. Now my wife cant see into the top drawers. Now i have me some drawers for my grilling stuff!

Comment

Working...