• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Luckbox
    Established Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Holly Springs, NC

Work Table

Just finished this worktable. My wife and I both wanted a work surface that we could walk around and since the garage serves many duties it needed to be mobile. I had some left over Douglas fir 2x4 from previous garage shelves I made. And left over pegboard. The top is a piece of 5/8 particle board cut in half and glued with ¼ Hardboard over the top and 1” thick edging. The bottom Self is some left over wafer board. Not sure but I might add another self but I will how it gets used before I do any modifications. It is on 3” caster for easy rolling.
    Attached Files
    I love lamp.
  • SARGE..g-47

Nice talble Luckbox... You will appreciate the mobility if your shop is multi-functioned. Just be sure to lock those casterrs and chalk em it you sit something heavy on there that will torqued in some way working on it. Don't ask how I know!

BTW.. I could use that latter this afternoon to sit a chest on to attach base-boards. Appears the work-bench.. assembly table and low assembly table seem to be occupied with over-run.

Could ya roll that puppy down to Atlanta so I can use it latter today. Need to be here by 6 PM!

Comment

• Popeye
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2003
      • Woodbine, Ga
      • Grizzly 1023SL

Nice cart, I'm got something similar but not near as nice. Mine gets used for everything. Works great spraying finishes, doing assembly work that you need to walk around etc. Before long you'll be using it for everything. Pat
      Woodworking is therapy.....some of us need more therapy than others. <ZERO>

Comment

• DUD
        Royal Jester
        • Dec 2002
        • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000

It is a nice cart, I wish I had a little more room for one. Bill
        5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

• mater
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • SC, USA.

That looks good. I like the way you did the top.
          Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

• John Hunter
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2004
            • Lake Station, IN, USA.
            • BT3000 & BT3100

Looks great and will come in real handy.
            John Hunter

Comment

• lrogers
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2002
              • Mobile, AL. USA.
              • BT3000

Yeah, you are going to get a lot of use out that project. Those are some of the best kind!
              Larry R. Rogers
              The Samurai Wood Butcher
              http://splash54.multiply.com
              http://community.webshots.com/user/splash54

Comment

• bigstick509
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2004
                • Macomb, MI, USA.
                • BT3100

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Pappy
                  The Full Monte
                  • Dec 2002
                  • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                  • BT3000 (x2)

Nice loooking table. Be careful of theose pegboard hooks, and what is hanging on them. They could do some serious damage to a leg.
                  Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
                  Fools because they have to say something.
                  Plato

Comment

• Carlos
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2004
                    • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Practical, nice-looking shop accessories made from leftover cheap wood...the best. You may have suggested the solution to a problem I have.

Comment

• jackellis
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2003
                      • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
                      • BT3100

Practical, nice-looking shop accessories made from leftover cheap wood...the best.
                      Agreed. I've used leftover flooring, cheap plywood that's badly warped, or whatever else I have to make jigs and fixtures. They're not always as pretty as they probably should be but they get the job done. It's either that or the landfill for engineered wood. We use burn solid wood scraplets (IOW tiny scraps, cause that's about all there are) for heat.

That worktable looks really nice. I suppose it's OK to copy the design?

Comment

• Luckbox
                        Established Member
                        • Nov 2003
                        • Holly Springs, NC

I just discovered I should have planed just a bit better. I measured our counter tops, my work bench, and other table height to try to determine the height I wanted the table. I then adjusted the measurements to include the caster height and the width of the table top and I came to with in 1/8” of my desired easement. I was moving it around this weekend and though this might even make a good table saw out feed table. But I should have thought of that before I made the table. The table is ¼” to height. Still a good work height but I don’t think ¼” would have made any difference and I could have used it as an out feed table.
                        I love lamp.

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Originally posted by Luckbox
                          I just discovered I should have planed just a bit better. I measured our counter tops, my work bench, and other table height to try to determine the height I wanted the table. I then adjusted the measurements to include the caster height and the width of the table top and I came to with in 1/8” of my desired easement. I was moving it around this weekend and though this might even make a good table saw out feed table. But I should have thought of that before I made the table. The table is &#188;” to height. Still a good work height but I don’t think &#188;” would have made any difference and I could have used it as an out feed table.
                          You "could" have used it as an out-feed table. You still "can"............

Take off the casters.. take any screws out you have holding the four bottom corners together that would interfere with the cut.. clamp a Pro-Grip 5" up from the cut line (5" on my Porter Cable circular saw from cut-line to where outside of fence meets the edge of the Pro-Grip guide.. may vary with your circular saw).. and fire away on all 4 side taking a hair over 1/4" off the bottom of your table.. re-attach the caster and "rock-n-roll"!

Been there.. done that.. and on many occasions.. I call it adjusting on the fly as things change and you have to meet the changes day to day.

Or... as an alternative, bring it by my shop and I'll do it for ya. Have you in and out in about 20 minutes.

Regards...

Comment

• rnelson0
                            Established Member
                            • Feb 2008
                            • Midlothian, VA (Richmond)
                            • Firestorm FS2500TS

The table is &#188;” to height. Still a good work height but I don’t think &#188;” would have made any difference and I could have used it as an out feed table.
                            Nothing that can't be fixed with a good 1/2" plywood base under the table. It's also a pain, but it's not too late to take it apart and shorten the legs a bit.

Comment

Working...