BT3100 rip fence adjustments and maintenence.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

BT3100 rip fence adjustments and maintenence.

So ever since I got my saw, the rip fence is the one thing I haven't really liked about it, it just doesn't travel smoothly along the rails... I would like to fix this.

Are there any articles that I am just not seeing on how to adjust / lube / fix the fence so that it operates reliable and is less, fidgety?

It MIGHT be my fence itself. I replaced the fence head. My saw originally came from Larryl and was in his shop when the fire happened, and the fence got heat damaged thus I replaced the fence head as the handle was melty warped... I might just need to replace the entire fence...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

My rip fence moves pretty well.
    1. keep the rails clean and free of dust and chips, but do not WAX! Waxing will allow the rip fence when locked to pop up and off the rails, according to past experiences.
    2. make sure the rear roller on the rip fence assembly is free to turn easily... the little black 1" diameter plastic wheel
    3. make sure the front T-block is riding smoothly on the front rail. while the rear wheel is riding on top of the rear rail and the clamp is hooked under the lip. In general the handle needs to be up (unlocked) and the clamper hooked under the lip of the rear rail and then T-block needs to be lowered onto the front rail.
    4. Make sure that the clamper moves down to unlock and up to lock in response to the front handle.
    5. Make sure there is clearance under the rip fence that it does not drag on any of the table surfaces, you should be able to take a sheet of paper and slide it under the rip fence everywhere.
    6. so if all is working and the handle is up and unlocked I can slide mine easily back and forth using my pinkie on the handle or the use of the micropositioner.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 10-29-2023, 10:55 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...