• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sloboataz
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2021
    • AZ high country
    • BT3000

Well, well...about a month after buying my BT3x and I think it's done...ish. Still need to put the new power switch on, but all the parts I ordered got here and have been added. The blade is vertical and goes up and down and side ways. The SMT is tight and square. The rip fence tightens and is parallel to the blade. I did lower it to match my two work benches I use for in and out feed. All and all, I'm very happy with the saw. I sold my old Craftsman to recover the lost space, my 'shop' is in part of a connex, because space is at a premium. Added a factory ZCTP today and I'm ready to resume cutting. I've used it to make some french cleat tool holders and getting square corners is a bit of a revelation after the Craftsman. Unfortunately, It'll be sitting most of the next couple months as winter has arrived and one doesn't use electric heaters when off grid and it gets 'chilly' inside. Maybe a small propane heater, but that's another story.Thanks for the help and the articles.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Good progress. When working away in the shop intently on a project, sometimes you don't feel the cold so much.

Are you really off grid? How do you power the saw?

I find as I get older I like lots of light in the shop, I have 7 overhead four-foot light fixtures in my shop and have added a bunch of task lighting recently.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...