• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

free BT3 arbor nut offer/ backup plan

I bought a batch of LH thread arbor nuts to fit the BT3. I have too many and am offering them to fellow BT3 users for free as a simple friendship/shared experience offer. No catch, I'll send it to you.

After this discussion

https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...646-arbor-nuts

in where I considered the possibility of procuring an arbor nut spare for that day that might come where I drop it and can't find it or get to it on my floor or elsewhere. You know the old line about a dropped socket will roll to the exact center of the car.

So what I found and detailed in the previous post is that there are a number of 5/8 inch arbor nuts for various saws but they can be different thread pitches. The one for the BT3 as supplied is a 5/8"-18 tpi LH nut with a smaller than standard diameter and thinner profile... the BT3 nut takes a 3/4" wrench but the standard SAE nuts take a 15/16" wrench.

But it appeared that the BT3 could handle the larger nut with no clearance problems. I just tried one and it worked fine after I borrowed a 15/16 wrench from my big toolchest. :Let me just say this, holding onto a 15/16 full size combination wrench that's been soaking in the garage at 34°F is worse than holding a a block of ice for a while.

Here's pictures of the OEM (top) and my spare (bottom):

Click image for larger version  Name:	P2120253.JPG Views:	0 Size:	69.6 KB ID:	842892
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P2120252.JPG Views:	0 Size:	55.7 KB ID:	842891

I found a number of sources that ran $5-6 apiece for multiples plus shipping, including some that were 3/4" wrench sized.

But I picked up about a dozen for $13 of the proper LH thread but 15/16 wrench size, so here is my deal:

For BT3000/3100/Sears 22811/21829 stalwart owners/users here on the SDZ forum I will send you a spare arbor nut just for asking and PMing me your mailing address and e-mail address. They weigh 0.7 Oz so I think I can get it in a first class mail envelope with one stamp. USA only.

Offer for the first ten US responders. CWSmith, you are first, just need your address and e-mail address. My contribution to the other BT3 owners.
    It will take a larger wrench and you need to keep your original to lock the arbor but it works perfectly and does not affect cut depth or anything. My theory is have this and you will never lose your original nut (Murphy's Law).

Loring
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 03-19-2021, 08:26 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Thanks Loring, I've sent you a PM with my contact information.

If there's anything I can do to return the favor please let me know.

CWS
    Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Can you run up to Ithaca and go by Johnny's Big Red Grill or their Hot Truck and pick up a Hot Meat Ball and Cheese sub for me?

Never mind, they closed quite a few years back.

All I have is memories.
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 02-12-2021, 10:07 PM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• cwsmith
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2005
        • NY Southern Tier, USA.
        • BT3100-1

I'll keep my eye out for it and notify you immediately upon receipt.

Regarding the "Hot Meat Ball and Cheese sub", I remember a line from an old song, "I would if I could, but I cannot I know". (I had to look that up to see where I got that from, it's Paul Simon's "Sparrow" from their 1964 album "Wednesday Morning 3AM"... funny what things stick in this old memory of mine.)

Funny you should mention that place. I don't remember if that's the place my son used to talk about when he was at Cornell and I haven't been in Ithaca in almost two decades. You wouldn't want to settle for a 'Speidi' would you? I'd probably even find that hard to find in these times.

With the mail being what it is, by the time a meatball and cheese sub got to you it would probably be green and fuzzy looking anyway.

CWS
        Last edited by cwsmith; 02-13-2021, 08:12 PM.
        Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• GrumpyDad
          GrumpyDad commented
          Editing a comment
          Love that record

• cwsmith
          cwsmith commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, was and still am a great S & G fan. I think I have three or four of their earliest albums. I never really got into Rock & Roll or country, more of a "Folk" lover in my youth.
      • Dedpedal
        Established Member
        • Feb 2020
        • Palm Coast Florida
        • One BT3000 in use and one for parts. Plus a BT3100

That’s awesome dude!

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Three spoken for, 7 remaining.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

I have some ready to mail but the weather here has been at unusually severe levels so I have not been to the mailbox in days and I'm sure there has been no mail service since the roads have been impassable and power has been mostly out for half the population for 2 days now.

Still have more if there are more requests.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• nicer20
              Established Member
              • Sep 2007
              • Dublin, CA
              • BT3100

Hi Loring,

Sent you a PM. If it is still available.

Thanks

Comment

• LCHIEN
                Internet Fact Checker
                • Dec 2002
                • Katy, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 vintage 1999

Howard and Nicer20,
                I mailed yours.

ANyone else I still have a few Send me a PM with NAME, ADDRESS, E-MAIL so I can communicate

I want the email so I can check if it was delivered... technically the nut is a hair too thick for first class
                Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• nicer20
                  nicer20 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  PMed you my email. I think I forgot to include that in the original message. Sorry.
              • LCHIEN
                Internet Fact Checker
                • Dec 2002
                • Katy, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 vintage 1999

Bumping this.
                I still have 3 or four left.
                No catch. free arbor nut for BT3x saws... hard to find 5/8-18 with left hand thread.

Read the first post in this thread.

Just need your name and mailing address. E-mail would be handy but not necessary.
                Last edited by LCHIEN; 03-19-2021, 08:33 PM.
                Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• GrumpyDad
                  Established Member
                  • Jul 2020
                  • Midwest
                  • Ryobi BT3100, BT3000, Sawstop PCS

Received..and thank you for all you do.
                  Harumpf!
                  GrumpyDad

Comment

Working...