• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tmaceroli
    Established Member
    • Mar 2004
    • Forked River, New Jersey, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3100

Some great suggestions here! I did make one with a piece of 1/4" Poplar I got at HD. Didn't bother with the lip. It's OK in a pinch. I used a couple of washers at each corner to bring the level up. My next one will probably be out of a harder wood, I'l do some routing at the corners to avoid shimming, and I will definitely route out a relief groove for the blade. I've had to change belts once, and I'd definitely like to avoid a repeat incident.
    Tony

"Nothing would be done at all if a man waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault with it."
    - Cardinal Newman

Comment

• tfischer
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2003
      • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
      • BT3100

I wish Lee (or someone) would sell these again. With my limited shop time I'd rather make stuff besides ZCTPs lol.

The BT's throat plate design is probably my single biggest gripe about this saw. I get green with envy when I see how easy it is to make TP's for other saws.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by tfischer
        I wish Lee (or someone) would sell these again. With my limited shop time I'd rather make stuff besides ZCTPs lol.

The BT's throat plate design is probably my single biggest gripe about this saw. I get green with envy when I see how easy it is to make TP's for other saws.
        The rectangular design of the BT3x seems much easier to build than the oval design for most other saws.
        I suppose you can use a router template following bit to cut the ovals if you have one to use as a template..
        For the BT3x the rectangular shape is easy to make but thin lip is a pain but you can just cut off or leave off the lip as others suggested.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...