BT3000 Identification

Is this a BT3000?

• Black walnut
    Administrator
    • Aug 2015
    • BT3K

Yes that is a BT3K.
    just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

Comment

• UPS1990
      Forum Newbie
      • May 2017
      • Southern Cal
      • BT 3100

Will it come with its miter table fence? I purchased one similar in wear to this one for $50 or $60 last year for parts to my BT3100. My opinion, this table seems overpriced.

Comment

• Pappy
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 (x2)

The plate above the plug will have info to date the saw and tell if it is a 13 Amp or 15 Amp. Agreed, way to high unless it comes with both fences.
        Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
        Fools because they have to say something.
        Plato

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

OK, a couple of hints:
          The elevation handle is the all metal handle (you can tell by the open thru space between the bar and the ring), which was only on the first few years and replaced later by the less desirable plastic handle. The Switch looks like one of the original recalled switches that has a green and red on and off buttons. The replacement switch had a red hinged cover that covered a rocker switch. Pressing anywhere on the red cover turned it off. The switch was recalled because of bad contacts - but the new switch is also safer- Ryobi will still send you a free replacement switch to this date ; very easy phone call; so that's not an issue.

SO those two items were replaced in the first two or three years. The handle is actually better. The 13A motor was replaced after the first year by the 15A and is NOT an easy replacement.
          Still, the 13A motor is probably good enough for most people.
          As always the state of the shims is the big issue for old BT3's Keeping the saw clean and lubed makes them last,

And of course as pointed out the mitre fence and rip fence are both missing in all the photos and easily mislaid in a garage. If he doesn't have them you are looking at near $100 to replace both, used. If he does have the mitre fence make sure it has the orange indicator and black plastic pivot on the bottom.

Check out my BT3 FAQ - follow the links in my signature line below.
          Last edited by LCHIEN; 06-20-2017, 01:01 PM.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Slik Geek
            • Dec 2006
            • Lake County, Illinois
            • Ryobi BT-3000

Originally posted by LCHIEN
            The Switch looks like one of the original recalled switches that has a green and red on and off buttons. The replacement switch had a red hinged cover that covered a rocker switch. Pressing anywhere on the red cover turned it off. The switch was recalled because of bad contacts - but the new switch is also safer- Ryobi will still send you a free replacement switch to this date ; very easy phone call; so that's not an issue.
            The recall for the switch states Craftsman model 315.22185. For the Ryobi branded saws, it states "serial numbers ending in four digits lower than 9608". My Ryobi BT-3000 saw s/n ends in 9609, but it doesn't have rocker-style switch. Anybody know why they switch was changed to a different model for the recalled saws, but not for the continuing production?

Comment

• accolay
              Forum Newbie
              • Mar 2015

That guy was supposed to get back to me, but never did so that saw is out. He also said he was firm on the price, so I wasn't too into it anyway. There are a few of these saws up for grabs in my area right now, and a few of them are a little overpriced IMHO since they haven't been kept up. I bought my original one for $100. Hopefully some wiggle room in negotiation here.

Comment

Working...