• Show
Clear All
  • PartTimeHack
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2015
    • TN
    • Ryobi BT3000

T-nuts

I realize it doesn't really matter, but I just wanted to know which T-nuts you find the most useful, the X-Large or Large and the 5/16"-18 or 1/4"-20 versions?

Besides, the part numbers listed on the linked product site for the T-Nuts.com don't match the products on the actual new site T-nuts.com.

What's up with that?
    Last edited by PartTimeHack; 04-06-2015, 10:22 AM.
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

I find the Large in 5/16-18 the most used. However that said all the sizes are useful at times.
    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• PartTimeHack
      Forum Newbie
      • Mar 2015
      • TN
      • Ryobi BT3000

Thanks.

I have never used Gardner. I'll check it out.

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Don't forget T-Nuts.com as well... They offer a BT3Central Member discount...

Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

I at one point made the decision to go with 1/4-20 instead of the heavier 5/16-18 for all my fixturing. Bought bulk bolts, knobs, T-nuts (the kind you fix in the wood) etc.
          Partly because 1/4-20 was solid enough for me and partly because so many T-slot rails took the heads of 1/4-20 bolts (7/16" across the flats) in the slot.

I have not ever wished I'd used 5/16 instead.

As for the T-nuts.com BT3 specialty T-nuts the ones I use the most are the small with 10-32 thread for the left face of the rip fence for holding sacrificial and tall fences, although nowadays I've found the fence clamps from Rockler to be faster and easier to use than threading the nuts into the fence. See my review on fence clamps.
          Last edited by LCHIEN; 04-07-2015, 10:24 PM.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...