• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GaryGGR2
    Handtools only
    • Sep 2011

Used BT3100

I looked at a, for $150, used BT3100.

It looks to be in good shape but the blade elevation has about ¾ of turn slack. The tilt works fine.

The Sliding table miter clamp is to tight to move by hand.

Any commit on these issues?
    Are parts still available?

Thank's
    Gary
  • toolguy1000
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • westchester cnty, ny

i'm not a bt3xxx owner. for $150, you should be able to get an older emerson electric built 10" left tilt craftsman CI contractor saw in acceptable condition. for maybe $100 more, you can even find older, emerson electric built gray colored 10" left tilt CI Ridgid contractor saws, which have a lifetime guaranty that is attached to the tool, regardless of whether you are the first or whatever owner of the tool. i was fortunate enough to accept a craftsman clone of the bt3xxx from a woodworker for a neighbor of mine. in helping him asemble it, i just wasn't impressed with the construction of the saw.

but based on what i've seen posted here about that saw, $150 isn't a bad price.
    there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Send a PM to LCHIEN with your email address requesting his BT3K FAQ. Elevation etc... issues are covered in depth there.... And yes, parts are readily available. Sure you could buy an older Emerson built Cman saw for the price and you would get an iron top, but you would lose so many features of the BT3100 that IMHO it's just not worth it...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

blade elevation slack of 3/4 turn would be a big worry for me.
        backlash in mine is much less than 1/8th turn and about .005 in height adjustment.

That might suggest a very worn elevation screw thread in the locker bracket which is repairable by disassembling the saw drilling out the hole and putting a threaded insert in.
        the hole.

For $150 I would hold out for a perfectly working saw.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...