• Show
Clear All
  • Skeezix
    Forum Newbie
    • Jul 2006
    • Colorado
    • BT3100 (Sears Equivalent)

Sliding Miter Table Not Sliding Parallel to Blade

The gap between my 3100 SMT and the saw table varies by 3/32" as I move the SMT back and forth. I checked and rechecked my adjustments and measurements using a framing square and the procedures for checking the miter base and the miter base parallelism in the Operator's Manual but couldn't find anything that would cause this error.

Since the SMT measures perfectly parallel to the blade using the check procedure in the manual, is it possible that I'm getting a false indication because the edge of the saw table or the SMT is not perfectly parallel to the blade?
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Skeezix
    ... is it possible that I'm getting a false indication because the edge of the saw table or the SMT is not perfectly parallel to the blade?
    Yes, that's true of virtually all BT3s, the way they're trued up is different from most table saws where the miter slots are in the table and the blade must be made parallel to the table by repositioning the trunion.

The BT3 eliminates a trunion assy by fixing the blade to teh table with no adjustments and then aligning the SMT and also aligning the rip fence to the blade.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...