• Show
Clear All
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by bongbong
    Final wrap up for those who are interested. I managed to replace the belts (actually cheaper to buy an entire CL-listed used BT and cockaroach parts) fire it back up, and get my cuts done. I made 3 passes at it, as per the helpful suggestions of board members, and the saw hummed along nicely. Really starting to like this saw.
    Thanks for updating us....does that mean you have a spare motor? I ask b/c someone posted with a motor issue a few days ago.

Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• bongbong
      Forum Newbie
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Knottscott
      Thanks for updating us....does that mean you have a spare motor? I ask b/c someone posted with a motor issue a few days ago.

Thanks for pointing that out. The other motor is only a 13amp (off a BT3000), and I think I may keep it as back-up. (I like my saw, but I seem to break something every week. Couple days ago the assembly holding the roller wheel at the back of the fence broke off (plastic rings), so had to pull that off the back-up fence.)

On that note, I read on this site that you can't go up in amps, but can you downgrade in amperage from a 15 to 13?

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

did you ever get me to send you my BT3 FAQ? You might find it useful if you haven't got it.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• bongbong
          Forum Newbie
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by LCHIEN
          did you ever get me to send you my BT3 FAQ? You might find it useful if you haven't got it.
          Hi Loring. I thought I sent you a pm when I registered, but never got anything. Sending you a pm now--thanks.

Comment

Working...