X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anrque
    Handtools only
    • Dec 2010

Wide Table Kit [question]

Can someone tell me if there is any different between the wide table kit utilizing black rails and the one with silver rails? I'm not concerned with cosmetics, just whether or not they are 100% compatible. One eBay seller mentioned something about a different "profile". I have the BT3000 and it has the standard silver aluminum rails that it came with so if I purchase the wide kit with black rails will they marry-up correctly?
    Thanks!
  • conwaygolfer
    Established Member
    • Jun 2008
    • Conway, SC.
    • BT3000

I had the same concerns several years ago. And YES they will work. I have the 3000 model with the silver rails and made a cabinet for it. To extend the rails to the end, I used the black rails. On the front, the black rail is about 1/2 inch wider at the base. But it causes no problem.
    On the rear they match up perfectly for some reason. I just took some pics to show you, if I can get them loaded on here.

Hope this helps,
    Conwaygolfer
    Attached Files

Comment

• anrque
      Handtools only
      • Dec 2010

Thanks, that clears that up. Conwaygolfer is that a replacement bladeguard assembly from a different saw? I've not seen that before. Does that work with the stock riving knife and mounting?

Comment

• Black wallnut
        cycling to health
        • Jan 2003
        • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
        • BT3k 1999

That would be a Shark Guard. You'll find a link to the website on our homepage.(BT3Central.)
        Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by anrque
          Thanks, that clears that up. Conwaygolfer is that a replacement bladeguard assembly from a different saw? I've not seen that before. Does that work with the stock riving knife and mounting?

originally designed for the Ryobi BT3 saws, Lee now has versions for other saws.

direct link:
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

Best darned blade guard on the market IMHO... But then again, I own one!
            Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• pelligrini
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2007
              • Fort Worth, TX
              • Craftsman 21829

Looks like you got your answer on the rails. Check this thread for some more details: http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=45948

I love my Shark too. I think it's one of the best upgrades I've ever done for my saw.
              Erik

Comment

Working...