• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ishmel
    Forum Newbie
    • May 2005
    • St. Cloud, MN.

Switch issues.

My bt3100 keeps burning up switches. I'll be cutting something and reach down to shut it off and the switch won't work (this never happens when the saw is off and I am trying to turn it on). I've taken the switch apart a few times and cleaned the contacts (more than once they've been "welded" together) but I'm a little concerned about this issue. Has anyone else had problems with their switches?
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

I believe the BT3100 came with two different type switches. One a paddle type like what is on the current BTS-21, and the other a pushbutton. Which switch do you have?
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Black wallnut
      cycling to health
      • Jan 2003
      • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
      • BT3k 1999

I think dbhost is remembering incorrectly. However the 3100 did IIRC have a switch recall. A call to Ryobi tech may get you a new one.
      Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

there was a switch recall on the BT3100 - call ryobi.
        Cleaning the switch only helps a little while. Once the plating is gone, it will pit and stick again due to the arcing.

There was no push button switch on the BT3100, only early BT3000s.
        There were 2 BT3100 switches. There was a covered rocker switch and a switch with a big yellow paddle on the BT3100
        Last edited by LCHIEN; 10-15-2009, 06:35 PM.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...