• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Locking the SMT into place?

On my now gone BTS-21, I was able to slide a rod over on the front and lock the SMT in place when I didn't need the sliding action. Is there a way to lock the SMT in place on the BT3x00? The question about the featherboard brought the thought up... I used to simply lock my feather board into the slot the miter fence rides in... Easy enough, but with the table moving kind of a moot point...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • Larryl
    Established Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Lorena, TX, USA.
    • Grizzly G0478 Hybrid

At the front of the table is a tab that slides up and down. This tab will fit into one of two slots in the miter tray and lock the miter table.
    I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Larry is right, there is a tab on the front of the SMT that, when the SMT is even with the main table, the tab can be pushed down into a slot on the SMT base to lock it.

Also, to lock it at other positions, I just place a quick grip (usually) clamp on the left side holding the top an bottom together. it doesn't go anywhere.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...