• Show
Clear All
  • brubakes
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2009
    • Medina, OH
    • Sears 315.228110

Wide Table Kit

Do you get new long rails in the wide table kit or are they shorter rails that are then bolted to the rails the saw comes with?
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

I haven't measured them, but I believe they are the same size as the ones your saw comes with, that attach with a set of clampish looking things... You will need a set of legs too.

This is MY version of the clamp. They are basically plates, and bolts that run into T-nuts in the slots on your rails. they hold it in place...

You absolutely have to have legs, or something to support the longer rail length, but it doesn't have to be pretty. It CAN be if you want it to...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

The rails in the wide table kit are the same length as the saw rails. The kit comes with 4 connection plates, 8 stamped nuts, bolts & washers.

I can't remember if the brackets & hardware for attaching a top come with the table kit or the leg kit.
      Erik

Comment

• steve-norrell
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2006
        • The Great Land - Alaska
        • BT3100-1

Originally posted by brubakes
        Do you get new long rails in the wide table kit or are they shorter rails that are then bolted to the rails the saw comes with?
        If you want new, you will have to buy the full sized rails and cut them to length. Alternately, put a "Wanted to Buy" listing in the members' posts for half rails or other sized cut-offs. I have had excellent results doing just that.

Regards, Steve

Comment

• brubakes
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2009
          • Medina, OH
          • Sears 315.228110

Originally posted by steve-norrell
          If you want new, you will have to buy the full sized rails and cut them to length. Alternately, put a "Wanted to Buy" listing in the members' posts for half rails or other sized cut-offs. I have had excellent results doing just that.

Regards, Steve
          Well thats what I mean, does the kit come with those full sized rails you mentioned or is it always the oem rails bolted to just extenders.

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

Well thats what I mean, does the kit come with those full sized rails you mentioned or is it always the oem rails bolted to just extenders.
            Okay, IF I understand what you are asking, No the wide table kit does not replace the OEM rails with wider ones, it adds on to them with equally long rails connected via connector plates... So each extended rail would be 2 pieces of aluminum extrusion, not one. They are FULL sized rails, just 2 sets...
            Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• brubakes
              Forum Newbie
              • Jan 2009
              • Medina, OH
              • Sears 315.228110

Originally posted by dbhost
              Okay, IF I understand what you are asking, No the wide table kit does not replace the OEM rails with wider ones, it adds on to them with equally long rails connected via connector plates... So each extended rail would be 2 pieces of aluminum extrusion, not one. They are FULL sized rails, just 2 sets...
              Okay thats what I needed to know. Thank you!

Comment

• steve-norrell
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2006
                • The Great Land - Alaska
                • BT3100-1

Sorry I misunderstood your question. Dbhost has the answer. Incidentally, there is post about silver rails in the members' section now. Regards, Steve

Comment

• LCHIEN
                  Internet Fact Checker
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Katy, TX, USA.
                  • BT3000 vintage 1999

the original rails are 42" long. The wide kit comes with two more 42" rails you bolt onto the original rails.

that's all in the BT3 FAQ I sent you, BTW.
                  Loring in Katy, TX USA
                  If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                  BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...