• Show
Clear All
  • JeffG78
    Established Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Northville, Michigan - a Detroit suburb
    • BT3100

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, folks, but here it is, straight from HD... They currently show one unit in stock, with none on order from the manufacturer. The CS guy at HD says he would have serious doubts that that the one shown in stock actually exists, and would expect that anyone who ordered it would be disappointed to find that his order was subsequently canceled. I can't speak for Ryobi, but from HD's end, it ain't happenin'...
    Boooooo Uncle Cracker! Way to kill a good thing. Even though I have a BT3 and don't need another one, I was excited to read that it might be back. It would have made more sense if this were 2000 and it was a Y2K bug.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

Originally posted by JeffG78
      Boooooo Uncle Cracker! Way to kill a good thing. Even though I have a BT3 and don't need another one, I was excited to read that it might be back. It would have made more sense if this were 2000 and it was a Y2K bug.
      Sorry, y'all... What woulda sucked worse is for everybody to get all fired up, and then nothing happened... Figgered we could all take it better this way...

Comment

• JR
        The Full Monte
        • Feb 2004
        • Eugene, OR
        • BT3000

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
        They currently show one unit in stock,
        It's in the Paducah store. Nobody can/will find it, though.

JR
        JR

Comment

• JSUPreston
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2005
          • Montgomery, AL.
          • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

JR, sounds like my experience yesterday. I'll rant in another thread, after I contact their Customer (dis)Service.
          "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

I have a simple explanation.

they had a Data base crash at HD. In 2006 Robert Nardelli (former much maligned CEO of Home Depot and present CEO of Chrysler Corp) began cost cutting measures to increase stockholder value which included decreasing the frequency of backups.
            Last week they had a data base corruption. This week they finally located the latest backup tape, from Dec. 2006. Hence the BT3100 and the lack of the newer Ridgid products.

Makes sense doesn't it? Who can argue this possible scenario as being unlikely? The facts, the timeline, they all fit.
            Last edited by LCHIEN; 01-02-2009, 04:07 PM.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Ed62
              The Full Monte
              • Oct 2006
              • NW Indiana
              • BT3K

This started out being a "Happy Thread". But then something happened, and it's gone the way of the stock market.

Ed
              Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• cabinetman
                Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                • Jun 2006
                • So. Florida
                • Delta

Another one of those cases that a call is made to check inventory, and the reply is that "Our computer shows one in stock". After a trip to the store the actual inventory is in an unaccountable status. That scenario is getting more common.

Comment

Working...