• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

For those wanting to buy a BT3100

I noticed this on another fellow's thread. It would appear, from the Home Depot website anyway, that they are bringing back the BT3100 for 2009.

It lists on their web site for $299.00, I am not sure, but I suspect if your HD has a decent tool dept manager, he / she can get one site to store for you with no shipping fee.

I am almost tempted to buy a second one to keep in the attic for when my first one goes...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • Gator95
    Established Member
    • Jan 2008
    • Atlanta GA
    • Ridgid 3660

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...3+90401+500744

Good for all those looking for a BT3K.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

that's verrrrrry interesting!
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• ragswl4
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Winchester, Ca
        • C-Man 22114

Originally posted by Gator95
        http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...3+90401+500744

Good for all those looking for a BT3K.
        Shows $116.90 for shipping charge. Total of around $317.00 + tax. Still not a bad price for a new one.
        RAGS
        Raggy and Me in San Felipe
        sigpic

Comment

• JSUPreston
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2005
          • Montgomery, AL.
          • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

It's not showing up on the Ryobi site. Could this possbily be a database issue with the Home Depot site accidentally putting the BT3100 back up?
          "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• Knottscott
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2004
            • Rochester, NY.
            • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by ragswl4
            Shows $116.90 for shipping charge. Total of around $317.00 + tax. Still not a bad price for a new one.
            Uh...Math was never my strength, but I did pull out the calculator to confirm.....$299 plus $116.90 = $417 + tax.
            Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• JoeyGee
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2005
              • Sylvania, OH, USA.
              • BT3100-1

Wasn't Ken Massingale hinting at something going on with the BT3 series awhile back while he was still on here?

BTW, what happened to Ken?
              Joe

Comment

• ragswl4
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2007
                • Winchester, Ca
                • C-Man 22114

Originally posted by Knottscott
                Uh...Math was never my strength, but I did pull out the calculator to confirm.....$299 plus $116.90 = $417 + tax.
                No your math is strong but mine needs some work. Thanks for the correction. So at $417 maybe not such a good deal.
                RAGS
                Raggy and Me in San Felipe
                sigpic

Comment

• dbhost
                  Slow and steady
                  • Apr 2008
                  • League City, Texas
                  • Ryobi BT3100

Dunno, but the rumor mill has always held that the BT would be back in one form or another under the Ryobi name. Not sure about this. I would love to see someone order this to see if it actually gets delivered.

As far as the Ryobi site goes. They list stuff out of production, and don't list stuff in production. Basically speaking, they are well behind in maintenance on that site.
                  Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• cowboy
                    Handtools only
                    • May 2008

buying bt3100

Just bought accessory kit from Home Depot online with no shipping cost.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                      Internet Fact Checker
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Katy, TX, USA.
                      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by dbhost
                      Dunno, but the rumor mill has always held that the BT would be back in one form or another under the Ryobi name. Not sure about this. I would love to see someone order this to see if it actually gets delivered.

As far as the Ryobi site goes. They list stuff out of production, and don't list stuff in production. Basically speaking, they are well behind in maintenance on that site.

yeah, but since its not been on the website in a while, it's return is cause for some hope...
                      Loring in Katy, TX USA
                      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• Gilbert
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Dec 2002
                        • Livonia, MI, USA.

I feel like I am in some kind of time-warp. The Ryobi BT-3100 is now listed on Home Depot Website along with the accessory kit. BUT the new Ridgid Hybrid R4511 has been droped from the web. Has Home Depot gone back 5 years?

Gilbert

Comment

• tjr
                          Established Member
                          • Oct 2008
                          • at the falls of the Ohio
                          • BT3000 (1 3/4 of them)

Do y'all think these are new production or HD just found a bunch hiding in a warehouse somewhere? Seems possible that if Ryobi were reintroducing they might have fiddled with it a bit, like adding a miter slot or folding stand ala the Craftsman Professional.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                            Internet Fact Checker
                            • Dec 2002
                            • Katy, TX, USA.
                            • BT3000 vintage 1999

One thing appears to me about Ryobi - they tend to run things in large batches rather than being in continuous production... I'm sure the unit cost this way is cheaper. They then run a bunch of sales after the initial sales, to clear out the remainder. Wait another year for some pent up demand then run another batch. That's why they are always having clearance sales not too long after an item is introduced.
                            And you can't find what should be staple items like the BD4600 belt sander and the oscillating sander model. The prices are good but you have to get 'em when you see 'um.
                            Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                              The Full Monte
                              • May 2007
                              • Sunshine State
                              • BT3000

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, folks, but here it is, straight from HD... They currently show one unit in stock, with none on order from the manufacturer. The CS guy at HD says he would have serious doubts that that the one shown in stock actually exists, and would expect that anyone who ordered it would be disappointed to find that his order was subsequently canceled. I can't speak for Ryobi, but from HD's end, it ain't happenin'...

Comment

Working...