• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dindallas
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2004
    • Dallas, Tx.

BT3000 Blade Does not move up

I am having difficulty raising the blade. The blade moves down easily but will not move back up. Do I need to clean sawdust out of or lubricate the parts where the motor slides up and down? When I try to raise the motor, it seems to tilt toward the back slightly and appears to wedge in place. When I apply pressure from the bottom, it will move up when I rotate the handle. Is there some adjustment or maintenance that needs to be done?

What do I need to do to make it raise up easily?
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

check out the Articles HERE, specifically BT3 Maintenance & Repair. There is a wealth of information there...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

there are usually three things that do this. In order of increasing severity, here they are:
      1.. need to clean the sawdust out of the cabinet and esp. out of the elevation crown gear and stuff.
      2. the elevation screw thread is dirty and in severe need of lubrication, this is a i think a 9/16-12 threaded rod running vertically through the crown gear and the locker bracket that holds the arbor and motor assembly. In the worst case the threads in the aluminum locker bracket is stripped and needs to be repaired.
      3. the shims that the locker bracket run on have fallen out due to lack of lubrication and you need to do some work to replace these and make sure they don't fall out again... this has been documented to have happened to around a third of BT3000 owners (by poll) here.

You might find the BT3FAQ (see my sig line below) helpful.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...