First Impressions and Things I liked:
    Very nicely boxed.
    Very little assembly.
    The stand, although not as heavy duty as the Gravity-Rise
    is actually a little easier to use.
    Surprisingly quiet.
    Shoots dust out the back like an SOB.

Things I don't like:
    Doesn't seem very powerful. Do you guys really spin a dados in this thing?
    Blade guard is a real hassel to get on and off. I'm looking to replace it with just a riving knife the height of the blade and no guard.
    Doesn't come with a dust bag or dado throat plate.
    The fence has too many grooves on the side.

The saw seems a little delicate but man it's nice having a saw that I can take with me.
  • gwyneth
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2006
    • Bayfield Co., WI

Originally posted by alvector_cl
    Things I don't like:
    Doesn't seem very powerful.

The fence has too many grooves on the side.

The saw seems a little delicate but man it's nice having a saw that I can take with me.
    If you are using it with the blade it came with, you will be very surprised when you replace it with a better one, such as the Freud LU8606.

The grooves are part of the modular design and sooner or later you will probably discover how useful they can be.

Be sure to stow the stuff carefully when you move it around...it isn't that delicate set up and not moved, but taking the tables off and putting them back on repeatedly does increase the chance of banging them up.

I've had my 21289 for a couple of months (after geographical separation from two BTs) and haven't regretted its purchase. Be sure to ask Loren for a copy of the FAQ.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

congrats on your new saw. I do have the FAQ if you'll send me a private message with your e-mail address.

At least attach a cheap 6 Gal shop vac to your dust port with a 2.5" hose (Ridgid or Shopvac brands should all fit)

Power with dados has never been a problem, its the 3" deep, long rip cuts. There's some comments in the FAQ about powering your saw adequately.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

alvector cl

I noticed that hd had the BC 3000 acessory kits marked down to $39. It has the dust bag, additional miter slot plate, clamp, throat plates and a sack full of router table stuff. I am not sure if this is in the bargan alert status but has most of the parts that are being sold on ebay for a lot more.

capncarl

Comment

• alvector_cl

I picked up an accessory kit and the dust bag works surprisingly well and the the extra t-track is handy. I'm going to just sell the wheels and router kit. I was using the stock blade. I have a couple Freud's but I think they're all full kerf.

I've been watching this forum for a long time and really enjoy it. Thanks guys!

Comment

• Garasaki
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by alvector_cl
            Things I don't like:
            Doesn't seem very powerful. Do you guys really spin a dados in this thing?
            I've ripped 2" hard maple w/a full kerf blade with my BT3000. It dosen't exactly go thru like butter, but it makes it thru. Dosen't leave a glue line edge either, but that may be a technique problem. Did provide a good excuse to buy a jointer though.
            -John

"Look, I can't surrender without orders. I mean they emphasized that to me particularly. I don't know exactly why. The guy said "Blake, never surrender without checking"
            -Henry Blake

Comment

Working...