• Show
Clear All
  • ART-EDNA
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2005
    • AXTELL, NEBRASKA, USA.
    • RYOBI BT3100

Longer rails for bt3100

Would like to buy longer rails for my bt3100-Do I have to buy the wide table kit or can I just order the longer rails-anybody know the part numbers?
  • RodKirby
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
    • Mao Shan TSC-10RAS

Wide table kit -or- just another set of rails. They are the same length as your originals - 41" I think.
    Downunder ... 1" = 25.4mm

Comment

• steve-norrell
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2006
      • The Great Land - Alaska
      • BT3100-1

Rod is correct. They are 41" and exactly like the originals. If memory serves, the kit includes the hardware for extending the rails. Regards, Steve

Go to M and D at http://www.m-and-d.com/index.html.

Navigate to Ryobi parts on right side of display. Look under BT3000 Accessories.
      Last edited by steve-norrell; 02-24-2007, 08:15 PM. Reason: Add and correct link.

Comment

• thestinker
        • Oct 2005
        • Fort Worth, TX, USA.

There is also a guy on ebay named komotoast. He can get anything you need. I have bout stuff from him in the past and when I scrape up the cash I will be getting rails from him.

RS
        Awww forget trying to fix it!!!! Lets just drink beer

Comment

• jewalsh2k
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2006
          • Fairport, NY
          • BT3100

Will this fit the BT3100?

Delta 36-T30 T2 30-Inch Fence and Rail System with Legs and Table Board
          http://www.amazon.com/Delta-36-T30-3...productDetails

I don't know how long these rails are though.

Comment

• RodKirby
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
            • Mao Shan TSC-10RAS

Originally posted by jewalsh2k
            Will this fit the BT3100?

Delta 36-T30 T2 30-Inch Fence and Rail System with Legs and Table Board
            NO - BT3xxx rails are unique.
            Downunder ... 1" = 25.4mm

Comment

• eezlock
              • Feb 2006
              • Charlotte,N.C.
              • BT3100

longer rails.....

Not trying to hijack the thread here....but in response to jewalsh2k question..
              yes they will work on the Bt3100 saw. You have to remove the stock rails
              and fence from the saw and then install the Delta T-2 fence system.
              I have this very set-up on my Bt3100 at the present time and I like it very much! I do not have Delta's extension table or leg set on my saw. The reason for changing to the Delta T-2 is I wanted a Biese type fence, it is stronger, more heavy duty and I like the way it locks down...rock solid
              anywhere I put it! It does take some extra planning to install it on a Bt3100
              but it can be done, once accomplished it is a BIG (110%) improvement in
              overall accuracy and performance in my opinion. eezlock

Comment

• jewalsh2k
                Forum Newbie
                • Jan 2006
                • Fairport, NY
                • BT3100

eezlock,

Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you some questions about your setup. Does the stock sliding miter table and accessory table still fit the Delta fence? Also, how long are the Delta rails? Lastly, is there any way you could take a photo of your setup and post it here? No worries if not, I appreciate the info.

Cheers,

John

Comment

• eezlock
                  • Feb 2006
                  • Charlotte,N.C.
                  • BT3100

longer rails....

In response to your questions about my saw setup....
                  (1) I sold the sliding miter table ( didn't really like it from the start)
                  (2) I still have the accessory table, did not incorporate it into the saw
                  when I changed the rail setup to the delta fence and rails. It is also for
                  sale if anyone needs/ wants it.
                  (3) measurements on the front and rear rails (length) are 53 &1/8" long.
                  (4) front guide tube is 57 & 5/8" long.
                  (5) I have made some pics. of the saw, they are stored on the computer
                  hard drive, but am trying to find out how to post them on the site
                  so others can see them, but still trying to figure that out.
                  (6) I have the dual miter table slots on both sides of the blade. I like it
                  better that way.
                  (7) I installed 3/4" plywood extension tables on right and left side of the dual
                  miter slots, each one measures 27"x 24" .
                  (8) I built drawer units and storage under each side of saw ( for extra
                  blades, push sticks, storage place for blade guard(when not in use)
                  storage hooks for rip fence to hang on underneath right extension
                  wing, storage of extra throat plates,etc.
                  (9) flip up / folding rear outfeed table for long stock.
                  (10) total top measurements of saw are now 27" deep x 64" wide
                  with the delta T-2 fence and rails. I did this because I liked a bigger,
                  wider, deeper saw surface to work with.

Hope this helps.......eezlock

Comment

• RayintheUK
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 2003
                    • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
                    • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by eezlock
                    (5) I have made some pics. of the saw, they are stored on the computer
                    hard drive, but am trying to find out how to post them on the site
                    so others can see them, but still trying to figure that out.
                    Have a look here for some posting instructions.

Ray.
                    Did I offend you? Click here.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                      Internet Fact Checker
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Katy, TX, USA.
                      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by jewalsh2k
                      eezlock,

Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you some questions about your setup. Does the stock sliding miter table and accessory table still fit the Delta fence? Also, how long are the Delta rails? Lastly, is there any way you could take a photo of your setup and post it here? No worries if not, I appreciate the info.

Cheers,

John
                      of course, not. If you take off the BT3 rails and custom mount the Delta rail, your SMT and aux tables and any other rail mounted accessories will be more or less useless.

For ART-EDNA:
                      (from the BT3 FAQ)
                      The Wide Table kit #4730300 consists of silver extension rails that match the BT3000, plus some
                      hardware - 8 T-nuts, 8 bolts, and 4 steel links - to fasten the rails end-to-end using the slots on
                      the bottom and inside. The part # for the BT3100 black-railed wide table kit is 4730301
                      Loring in Katy, TX USA
                      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Texas splinter
                        Established Member
                        • Mar 2003
                        • Abilene, TX, USA.
                        • BT3100

Originally posted by steve-norrell
                        Rod is correct. They are 41" and exactly like the originals. If memory serves, the kit includes the hardware for extending the rails. Regards, Steve

Go to M and D at http://www.m-and-d.com/index.html.

Navigate to Ryobi parts on right side of display. Look under BT3000 Accessories.
                        Ok, I looked at the site and found the info for the front extension rail. Now how do you get the part number for the real rail? Or, for that matter, anything on the right-hand side of the parts list?

Or, am I just dense???
                        "Aspire to inspire before you expire."

Chuck Hershiser
                        Abilene, Texas

Comment

• LCHIEN
                          Internet Fact Checker
                          • Dec 2002
                          • Katy, TX, USA.
                          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Texas splinter
                          Ok, I looked at the site and found the info for the front extension rail. Now how do you get the part number for the real rail? Or, for that matter, anything on the right-hand side of the parts list?

Or, am I just dense???
                          I just listed the Ryobi number for both the silver and black rail kits, each kit containing both front and rear rails and connection hardware, in the previous post in this thread.

But, I'll post it again:
                          The Wide Table kit #4730300 consists of silver extension rails that match the BT3000, plus some
                          hardware - 8 T-nuts, 8 bolts, and 4 steel links - to fasten the rails end-to-end using the slots on
                          the bottom and inside. The part # for the BT3100 black-railed wide table kit is 4730301
                          Loring in Katy, TX USA
                          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• steve-norrell
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 2006
                            • The Great Land - Alaska
                            • BT3100-1

Originally posted by Texas splinter

Or, am I just dense???

After you get to the M&D page, scroll down on the right side of the page (the blue items) and click on "Ryobi Tool Parts". When the applet comes up (white in the center), enter the part number where indicated.

Alternately, you can scroll through the list of Ryobi tools and click on BT3100 (or one of its variants). This will display the parts lists you need. Match the "Key No." with the part number then do as noted above. Note: some accessories are displayed only on the BT3000 Accessory Page but they work (at least they worked for me).

The part numbers are on pages 3 and higher.

The M&D Mower site is a little complicated but is manageable. They provide reasonably quick service and reasonable prices, IMO.

Good luck. Steve

Added Note: Chuck, Loring provided the part number for the complete kit; I gave you a way to find numbers for individual parts. Maybe Loring can report how he found the part numbers for the kits. I couldn't find them on the M&D web site. Thanks, SN
                            Last edited by steve-norrell; 02-27-2007, 06:39 PM. Reason: Clarification (maybe)!

Comment

• KomaToast
                              Established Member
                              • Aug 2003
                              • Fort Worth, Texas, USA.

Boy ya'll take the long road around. I just paste the part number in the search box in the blue bar and it gets there.
                              At the bottom of the page at http://BT3000.com there are links to the parts manuals for the BT3000 and BT3100.
                              There's a whole slew of them here http://BT3000.com/Manuals/ just search the page for the part or model number.
                              BT3000 Wide Table Kit http://BT3000.com/Manuals/4730300_Wide_Table_Kit.pdf

KomaToast
                              http://BT3000.com

http://TinyURL.com/Chene

Comment

Working...