• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndyF
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2003
    • Victoria, Texas, USA.

Wixey Digital Fence on a BT3x00

Whitecobra, Dr. D, mentioned in another thread that he installed the Wixey Digital Fence, http://www.wixey.com/fence/index.html, on his BT3000.

I asked for some pictures. I'm posting them for him.

Thanks Doc!

Andy
    Attached Files
  • Ed62
    The Full Monte
    • Oct 2006
    • NW Indiana
    • BT3K

That looks like a winner. Thanks for the pics.

Ed
    Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• whitecobra
      Established Member
      • Aug 2006
      • 3 Miles from Disney in Orlando
      • BT3K with most accessories

It bolts right on NO issues at all

Simply use a standard Ryobi nut and using the hardware that Wixey gives you strap it on

I needed mine in a hurry so Barry Wixey had one shipped overnight to me. Well the USPS tore the ****ed box apart and lost some of the attachment hardware

It was still REALLY easy to install and works GREAT!!!

No affiliation to Wixey but this is a WINER if you like to dump the measuring tape when cutting

Thanks Andy for posting them I stink at computer stuff

Dr D
      Newest site to learn woodworking, DIY and Home Renovation.
      www.onlineshopclass.com built by woodworkers for woodworkers and supported by the industry so everyone wins

If you are in the Orlando area contact me lets get together and talk saw dust (or food or anything else you like except sports)

My wife and I are National Food Judges so we CAN talk food with the best.

Dr Dave

Comment

• crokett
        The Full Monte
        • Jan 2003
        • Mebane, NC, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000

That is really cool. I want one. I wonder if a laser range finder would work?
        David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• jnesmith
          • Jan 2003
          • Tallahassee, FL, USA.

My apologies for reviving such an old thread, but I am currently interested in this issue. I have a question though about the following comment: "Simply use a standard Ryobi nut and using the hardware that Wixey gives you strap it on"

What is a "standard Ryobi nut"?

Thanks guys. it's been a while.
          John

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by jnesmith
            My apologies for reviving such an old thread, but I am currently interested in this issue. I have a question though about the following comment: "Simply use a standard Ryobi nut and using the hardware that Wixey gives you strap it on"

What is a "standard Ryobi nut"?

Thanks guys. it's been a while.

Look at the second picture, the wixey is fastened to the bottom of the rail.

Probably using one of the Ryobi square nuts that fits the bottom slot on the front rail. Same nuts used to fasten rail connectors together and to the rail.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• dbhost
              Slow and steady
              • Apr 2008
              • League City, Texas
              • Ryobi BT3100

Wow, talk about digging up an old thread! Very cool idea though...

The "Standard Ryobi Nut" is a special size 5/16-18 flat nut made for T slots on the BT3x00 fences... T-nuts.com has them if you dont have any extras on your saw...
              Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...