This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shakespeare

fence problem

I've had my BT3000 for several years and have always been able to solve any problem I had until now. The rear clamp on the rip fence is not gripping the rail. It's properly seated and I've tightened the adjustment screw all the way down. I read all the posts on the forum and tried everything suggested to no avail. I've taken the thing apart and reassembled it but nothing is helping. Any suggestions?
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

have you lubricated it lately? Maybe a squirt of wd-40 and working it a little will get it loose again - that's what I did.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Stytooner
      Roll Tide RIP Lee
      • Dec 2002
      • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
      • BT3100

I actually had to use a longer 10-24 screw back there on my 3000.
      Lube may help, but it may also be that from being locked over and over, the two ends on the aluminum extrusion have serarated or pulled out some. Rather than screwing with trying to tighten those back up, a longer screw should fix you up.
      Lee

Comment

• DUD
        Royal Jester
        • Dec 2002
        • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000

I clicked on this thread not looking at what it was listed under. I have a fence problem too, I need to install about 40 more feet of 6' privacy fence. Bill
        5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

• mrojec
          Forum Newbie
          • Aug 2006
          • Englewood, CO
          • Ryobi BT3000 (for now)

I had the same problem and it turned out to be a crack in the plastic roller holder on the outfeed end of the fence. It was cracked where it holds the steel dowel and would open up when the fence was clamped down. A new one was about $4 from M & D mower. I wish it was made out of metal....
          Mark

Comment

• shakespeare

The longer adjustment screw did the trick. Thanks for the suggestions. As for that fencing in Arkansas, you'll have to call Norm Abrams. He has a tool for everything. I'm sure he has a 40' fence tool that will do the job in about 5 minutes.

Comment

Working...