• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Finish Nail Gun

I went to use my Paslode 16 ga. finish nailer to attach sone door trim and base board. Nothing at all. .I looked at it Sunday and found the driver rod was broken. $50 part and no way of knowing if I would need any other parts to get it up and running. Harbor Freight has the Banks brand gun for $70 and for occasional use HF tools have been good.

I was in Lowe's tonight and wandered over to the nail gun section. The Metabo 16 ga. straight finish nail gun, Model NT 65M2, was marked down from $169 to $119. The 5 year warranty made it worth the price difference. (Ny military discount brought it down to $107.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Sounds like you already solved the problem with the Metabo.

But hey I would have bought the HF Banks unit.

I am finding that name brands break after some time and the parts are impossible or ridiculous. I've tossed several Craftsman and Stanley name brand pneumatic fastener driver tools into the trash because they upped and failed with no way to fix them. They are no more reliable or repairable than the HF tools at 1/2 to 1/3 the cost. Yes, I've tossed some HF tools into the trash too, for the same reasons, but it stung a whole lot less.

Last edited by LCHIEN; 01-31-2023, 06:55 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Sam Conder
      Woodworker Once More
      • Dec 2002
      • Midway, KY
      • Delta 36-725T2

I recently bought a Banks crown stapler. In short, it does what it is supposed to. I do hate an issue with it firing multiple staples sometimes, which can be annoying.
      Sam Conder
      BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• Pappy
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 (x2)

Originally posted by Sam Conder
        I recently bought a Banks crown stapler. In short, it does what it is supposed to. I do hate an issue with it firing multiple staples sometimes, which can be annoying.

I just bought the Banks narrow crown stapler to do a chair repair that will take MAYBE 6 staples. Upholstery shops want $50 + just to staple a couple of springs down.
        Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
        Fools because they have to say something.
        Plato

Comment

• capncarl
          capncarl commented
          Editing a comment
          Somewhere I read that double firing of pneumatic nailers is caused by too high of air pressure.
      • Samnins
        Banned
        • Feb 2023

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your Paslode finish nailer. It can be frustrating when a tool breaks unexpectedly. However, it seems like you found a great alternative at Harbor Freight with the Banks brand gun.Their tools are known to be reliable, especially for occasional use.

Additionally, stumbling upon the Metabo 16 ga. straight finish nail gun at Lowe's must have been a pleasant surprise. The discounted price and the 5-year warranty make it a worthwhile investment. It's always a good idea to consider warranty and quality when purchasing tools.​

Comment

Working...