• Show
Clear All
  • Mr__Bill
    Veteran Member
    • May 2007
    • Tacoma, WA
    • BT3000

Hulu streaming tv related

Hulu's normal 1 week free offer can be 2 months! I signed up today so it's still good as of noon left coast time.

Hulu for 2 months free

Full Cnet article here

Now I can compare Netflix and Hulu. I just hope that we don't find something I just have to watch on one and she finds something on the other.

Sorry it's not tool or woodworking related, but you can watch woodworking shows there.

Bill
    on the left coast
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

What woodworking shows have you found on Hulu? The only ones that I have found streaming are the 2 on PBS.
    capncarl

Comment

• Mr__Bill
      Veteran Member
      • May 2007
      • Tacoma, WA
      • BT3000

Originally posted by capncarl
      What woodworking shows have you found on Hulu? The only ones that I have found streaming are the 2 on PBS.
      capncarl
      Me thinks we are seeing the same shows.

Bill
      over here where the sun goes down

Comment

• Mr__Bill
        Veteran Member
        • May 2007
        • Tacoma, WA
        • BT3000

As a follow up for those who are unfamiliar with hulu, I know I was.

Hulu is like regular tv in that it has advertisements, just not as many and not as long. It has yesterday's tv today except for A&E network so I'll have to wait for Longmire on netflix a season behind. It also does not carry Foyle's War. Netflix does so that's another vote for N.

You can control Netflix on your tv with the Netflix app on your phone, I beleive you both have to be on the same WIFI network to do that. You can't watch different shows on each as you can with hulu but hulu app will not control the tv.

Bill

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

Okay since i can't look it up from here at the moment, 2 quick questions...

#1. How much does Hulu cost?
          #2. Any idea if shows like New Yankee Workshop are on there?
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Cochese
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by dbhost
            Okay since i can't look it up from here at the moment, 2 quick questions...

#1. How much does Hulu cost?
            #2. Any idea if shows like New Yankee Workshop are on there?
            Hulu is $7.99/mo.

NYW is only available through their website, on their schedule unless you access the show through *other* means. Haven't seen it anywhere else.

I want to say you can get quite a number of woodworking shows through Blip, I think someone else mentioned it here.
            I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• atgcpaul
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2003
              • Maryland
              • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by CocheseUGA
              I want to say you can get quite a number of woodworking shows through Blip, I think someone else mentioned it here.
              Thanks! I've had the Blip channel on my Room forever but never really looked at it until now. Quite a lot of woodworking shows produced by Wood Whisperer type guys. Not a knock on their abilities, just haven't made it big time like Norm or Tommy Mac. The videos are short and sweet and the projects are not overly complicated and could probably be finished in a weekend.

Comment

Working...