• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

50 count 2" peg hooks $14.26 on Amazon.com

In my peg board laden clamshell cabinets, the overwhelming majority of hooks that I like to use are the ones with a 2" rod, and a pair of hooks that grab the board...

Individually from the BORG they were going for about $1.80 each, or they came in variety packs with one of those hooks and a bunch of junk I don't need, or like for $3.89. I found packs of 50 of them, from Amazon.com for $14.26. I was so happy with the price I bought two boxes. I think 100 peg hooks should hold me for a couple of weeks at least!
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

looks like competitive deals on eBay, too for packs of 50, 100, 1000. Search for 2" peg hooks.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

For the price of $.28 each, that's quite a discount. Those variety packs always have some hooks that wind up not getting used.

Comment

• tommyt654
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2008

Harbor freight sells that same small kit but with 4 of those hooks, after re-reading your post db I understand what your looking for and can't figure out why those are so much more expensive than the other kits, may have to do some research

Edit: Looked around even called the wife, thats prolly the best deal your gonna find unless you know someone in the retail biz that buys these buy the thousands,just so happens Publix does, but none available to sell to others, but will be getting some free tonight although slightly bent
        Last edited by tommyt654; 08-10-2012, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

I honestly rarely ever think to look on Ebay for anything anymore... But good tip.

Those variety packs are okay at best. But yeah, they often end up with at least for me, end up having at least half of the varieties of hooks are types I never use. No good to me at all.
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• pelligrini
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2007
            • Fort Worth, TX
            • Craftsman 21829

I've used various Lowes, HF, HD, & Big Lots hooks. The old ones I have from my parents pegboard that I kept from the garage are the best. Heavier and stronger steel, fewer defects, etc.

I use a lot of the 2" ones too. On my planes I'll use a pair and a wood support block on top. A couple little slots in the wood let the blocks (really little shelves now) go up against the pegboard and help keep them in place. Long planes get 2 or three shelves.
            Erik

Comment

• annunaki
              • Jan 2008
              • White Springs, Florida
              • 21829, BT3100, 2-BT3000(15amp)

Need Link

Looked on amazon, but could not find at this price.
              Can you post the link?
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fileodecahedron.gif

Comment

Working...