• Show
Clear All
  • wd4lc
    Established Member
    • Nov 2008
    • Houston, TX
    • Ryobi BT3100-1

Woodcraft Referral Program - Houston

This seems to be specific to a couple of Houston stores. I'm posting this because I've seen a few fellow Houstonians here as well as others in the Texas area.

I receive emails from Woodcraft. Pasted below (minus the form) is the most recent email. I don't know if you have to sign up for the email or if they have actual forms in-store.

"Dear Fellow Woodworker,
    Your Houston Woodcraft store is pleased to announce that we are launching a new Customer Referral Program! For every NEW customer* that you send to Woodcraft we will reward you with a $50 Woodcraft Gift Card! All you need to do is print this email and give it to as many of your family, friends, neighbors or co-workers with your NAME and PHONE NUMBER so that we can send you your Referral Reward after the person you refer makes a purchase at either Houston Woodcraft store. You can earn up to $200 in Referral Rewards per month.
    And the best part is that every new customer you send in gets a $10 Gift Card for their next visit to Woodcraft!"

"*New customers are defined as someone that is not currently in the Woodcraft Global Data Base System and makes a purchase of $5.00 or more. The new customer must be 18 years of age, cannot be of the same residence, provide contact information, including their email, to be eligible. Only one new customer per address. Valid ONLY at the two Houston Woodcraft stores. Form is valid thru 6-1-2012"
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

yeah WD4LC, if you need me to refer you let me know! I'm thinking of sending my wife and daughter as a referral to buy something, anything.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

Must be a local thing, I don't recall seeing anything about it here.

Originally posted by LCHIEN
      I'm thinking of sending my wife and daughter as a referral to buy something, anything.
      anything?!? Have 'em bring home a sawstop for you. Should save some of the heavy lifting.
      Erik

Comment

• wd4lc
        Established Member
        • Nov 2008
        • Houston, TX
        • Ryobi BT3100-1

Yes, pelligrini, it unfortunately stated "Valid ONLY at the two Houston Woodcraft stores." If you have friends in Houston, maybe you could refer them to the stores and rake in the gift cards.

lol @ LCHIEN. I hear ya.

I'll consider your proposition. I do wonder if being on their email list is considered being on their exclusionary "Woodcraft Global Data Base System"...or if that has something to do with record of payment at one of their stores.

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

This could backfire on them... I could easily refer each of my siblings in law, and nieces, and nephews, send them in to buy, a stick of bees wax or something... You get the idea... Come to think of it, I have been drooling over a Sawstop....
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• wd4lc
            Established Member
            • Nov 2008
            • Houston, TX
            • Ryobi BT3100-1

Originally posted by dbhost
            This could backfire on them... I could easily refer each of my siblings in law, and nieces, and nephews, send them in to buy, a stick of bees wax or something... You get the idea... Come to think of it, I have been drooling over a Sawstop....
            Keep in mind that it says "Only one new customer per address".

That said, I agree. I was a bit surprised at how much they were giving out for not only the referrer but for the recipient as well.

Comment

• Cochese
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 2010

I would abuse the ever-loving crap out of that.
              I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by wd4lc
                Keep in mind that it says "Only one new customer per address".

That said, I agree. I was a bit surprised at how much they were giving out for not only the referrer but for the recipient as well.
                Okay, so leave the in law spouses out, and the younger nieces and nephews, still have a TON of friends, and relatives that could help me take advantage of this...
                Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Ed62
                  The Full Monte
                  • Oct 2006
                  • NW Indiana
                  • BT3K

It wouldn't surprise me if the guy who thought that up wound up in the unemployment line before long. New customer has to spend $5.00, and it cost them $60.00? Something just doesn't sound right about that.

Ed
                  Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• pelligrini
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 2007
                    • Fort Worth, TX
                    • Craftsman 21829

I've never been able to walk out of a woodcraft just spending $5... Even when I had a $50 gift card from a christmas or birthday I spent a lot more.

and the $10 gift card is to be used on another vist, which will get the new customer in there at least for a second time.
                    Erik

Comment

• LCHIEN
                      Internet Fact Checker
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Katy, TX, USA.
                      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by pelligrini
                      I've never been able to walk out of a woodcraft just spending $5... Even when I had a $50 gift card from a christmas or birthday I spent a lot more.

and the $10 gift card is to be used on another vist, which will get the new customer in there at least for a second time.
                      I think the big part of the promo for the store is getting you on their mail and e-mail list. For $60 they get a new customer on their list, plus they mark an old customer as still active. I get several mails and at least one flyer every month from Woodcraft. Benefitting both the B&M store and the on-line store.
                      Loring in Katy, TX USA
                      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• wd4lc
                        Established Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • Houston, TX
                        • Ryobi BT3100-1

Agreed. Financially speaking, they probably realize that they may take a hit in the short term. However, their goal is to attract more (new or competitors) customers which will eventually benefit them in the long term.

Comment

Working...