• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

A couple of years back HD closed a store about 40 miles away from me. Way before the store actually closed there was a write up in the paper about its upcoming closing. What I don't seem to recall though is any memory of that HD having any kind of a store closing special pricing clear off the shelves sale.

Comment

• tommyt654
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2008

Got off the phone with #2 and she said it will be determined which stores over the next few months, looks like they are renovating some other propertys to downsize the stores and move that existing inventory into a smaller sq ft store. They will not really be discounting a lot of stuff she says as they are only doing that to the items that don't sell well and transfer other items to existing stores , Hence the Ryobi planers and Ridgid OSS, plus prolly a lot of stuff yet to be determined. Sadly it won't be happening too much down here in the s.e as most stores are placed to compete with Lowes who are on the upswing in the south.

Comment

• Cochese
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2010

Store closings can be so weird. For instance, there's one Sears Essentials here that is reverting back to a Kmart. They'll carry most all of what they carried before, but they're liquidating everything in the store.
        I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• duncsuss
          Established Member
          • Oct 2009

Thanks Tommy ... I guess I save either way (if they don't discount, I save the full list price ;D)

Comment

Working...