Clear All
  • toolguy1000
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • westchester cnty, ny

ridgid oscillating edge belt spindle sander price

also this morning in the new rochelle, ny HD:
    Attached Files
    there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.
  • herb fellows
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • New York City
    • bt3100

What stuff do they have left? I haven't gone to my local yet, but they are notorious for not having anythng that is on sale.

What's the addrress of the New Rochelle store, is it right off the parkway or...?
    Thanks!
    You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• tommyt654
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2008

Out with the old an in with the new again, SSDD for HD, I still have my Ridgid Jointer and R4511 from 2-3 yrs ago that I recall payin about $350 for the whole shebang from HD after they got in a tiff with Ridgid about marketing their tools. Must have sold about 4 of the drillpress's and the same of the bandsaws for ridiculous prices. Cochesuga got a DP from my store as well for a buck an a half. Really make's you wonder what they really pay for this stuff that they can afford to sell at this pricepoint and still gleem a profit from it.Thats great sander tho I already have one as well as the Hitachi that Lowes was clearancing out for $50. But if that price goes lower I might p/u a spare. I just like to have backups in case something breaks, but the wife ask me just why I need 2 of everything and all I can say is in case honey,just in case. Let's see, 2 DP,check,2 Tablesaws,check, 2 Planers.check, 2 RAS,check,2 Sanders check,2 Routers Tables,check,2 Bandsaws,check,2 miter saws,check UH-OH.1 Dust collecter ,1 Shaper, Gotta go shoppin. Guess the New Rochelle store is one of the stores their fixin to close soon as word has it they are downsizing and closing at lot of the large stores that don't do enough volumne and building smaller stores and going towards a catalog/online style ordering systems in smaller market areas around the country. That might explain why they are p/u new lines like Steel City and other lines to sell via online sales.

Comment

• toolguy1000
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2009
        • westchester cnty, ny

Originally posted by herb fellows
        What stuff do they have left? I haven't gone to my local yet, but they are notorious for not having anythng that is on sale.

What's the addrress of the New Rochelle store, is it right off the parkway or...?
        Thanks!

there were two there this evening, ~ 8:45pm. you want me to pick one up for you before they are all gone?
        Last edited by toolguy1000; 01-10-2012, 10:14 PM.
        there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• herb fellows
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2007
          • New York City
          • bt3100

I'll pm you, thanks!
          You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• woodturner
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2008
            • Western Pennsylvania
            • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Looks like it could be just that store - the stores here in Western PA have them at full price - $199
            --------------------------------------------------
            Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• unknown poster
              Established Member
              • Jan 2006

The sander isn't on clearance in Charlotte, NC. It looks like a great deal for folks who get it.

Comment

• BigguyZ
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2006
                • Minneapolis, MN
                • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

I have the large Delta belt/ disc sander that went on sale at Lowes for about $60 or so. However, I'd still think about picking this one up. Any receipts you can post?

Comment

• tommyt654
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2008

Herb, You should get it, The chances of them being there longer than 60 days(next price drop determined by the .06 cent) is not likely and doubtful you'll see this price anywhere else soon

Comment

• toolguy1000
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2009
                    • westchester cnty, ny

Originally posted by BigguyZ
                    I have the large Delta belt/ disc sander that went on sale at Lowes for about $60 or so. However, I'd still think about picking this one up. Any receipts you can post?
                    i didn't get the sander as i already have one i got for $99 from the days of the emerson/tti changeover. perhaps someone who acquired one recently will post a pic of the receipt.

Comment

• vanguard
                      Established Member
                      • Jul 2005
                      • Brighton, MI, USA.
                      • Ridgid TS2400SL

Not on sale in San Diego.

Comment

• phrog
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 2005
                        • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by tommyt654
                        Herb, You should get it, The chances of them being there longer than 60 days(next price drop determined by the .06 cent) is not likely and doubtful you'll see this price anywhere else soon
                        So that's the reason for the .06 cent price tags. Wondered about that. You never cease to amaze me, Tommy, with your info.
                        Richard

Comment

• tommyt654
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2008

Phrog, Thats what happens when one of your exe's works for HD for 14 yrs. You learn a lot about company plans and policys, plus ya get a lot of things cheap

Comment

• Cochese
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jun 2010

Not on clearance here that I could tell.

Although, I don't really need another one.
                            I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• JR
                              The Full Monte
                              • Feb 2004
                              • Eugene, OR
                              • BT3000

Not on sale here either.

JR
                              JR

Comment

Working...