• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toolguy1000
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • westchester cnty, ny

the deal keeps getting better

here is yesterday's price on the ridgid oss in new rochelle, ny.
    Attached Files
    there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• tommyt654
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2008

Wow great deal, buy them all and sell them to us after you pay for free shipping as well

Comment

• Cochese
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2010

That's one outlier of a store.
        I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• toolguy1000
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2009
          • westchester cnty, ny

Originally posted by CocheseUGA
          That's one outlier of a store.
          would you mind expanding on this?
          there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• Cochese
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by toolguy1000
            would you mind expanding on this?
            Outlier - an observation that is numerically distant from the rest of the data.

From what you're posting of their prices, and what we've seen in our stores, it seems like they have a very unique set of circumstances to offer those prices.
            I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• tommyt654
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2008

Like a store either closing or one with a D.A. running the tool dept, either way one or the other is soon to be gone. Although judging from the location of this store its kinda hard to figure since its not that far away from other stores in the area. Hence the HD myth of doing things in a normal business manner.

Comment

• unknown poster
                Established Member
                • Jan 2006

If you look up this part on homedepot.com and try to do an in store pickup, the New Rochelle store is listed as "Item not sold at this store". Who knows why, but HD doesn't want to stock this item in this store anymore. All of the stores near me carry this sander, so I guess I'm not going to find one on clearance.

Comment

• toolguy1000
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2009
                  • westchester cnty, ny

like red skelton used to say, " we just do 'em, we don't explain 'em". i just pass along the information in the hope that someone might benefit from it.

Comment

• tommyt654
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2008

"the one in the pic sold for $49.03. i also got a NIB gray model eb4424, made in the usa by emerson electric and LSA elligible according to ridgid, for the same price. the open box item you mentioned i got for $39.03. a quick check in the store and it seemed all the parts were there."

So which is it. I see 1 posting on Woodnet where your showing the above caption with pics of 2 sanders one gray older model thats rare to see new in the box in this day and age or the orange one which you say here you didn't purchase, yet there you claim you did? I'm confused as to which ones you actually have as reports from 2 different sites don't add up. So now you have 3 total if my math adds up 2 grey, 1 you paid $99 for and a new grey one you got the other day for $39.03 as well as a orange model too that you paid $49.03 for , So now you have 3? or what? Just curious since I'm seeing photo's on lots of websites with prices all over the place and different quantitys and no one can seem to replicate either. Just curious

Comment

• toolguy1000
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2009
                      • westchester cnty, ny

Originally posted by tommyt654
                      "the one in the pic sold for $49.03. i also got a NIB gray model eb4424, made in the usa by emerson electric and LSA elligible according to ridgid, for the same price. the open box item you mentioned i got for $39.03. a quick check in the store and it seemed all the parts were there."

So which is it. I see 1 posting on Woodnet where your showing the above caption with pics of 2 sanders one gray older model thats rare to see new in the box in this day and age or the orange one which you say here you didn't purchase, yet there you claim you did? I'm confused as to which ones you actually have as reports from 2 different sites don't add up. So now you have 3 total if my math adds up 2 grey, 1 you paid $99 for and a new grey one you got the other day for $39.03 as well as a orange model too that you paid $49.03 for , So now you have 3? or what? Just curious since I'm seeing photo's on lots of websites with prices all over the place and different quantitys and no one can seem to replicate either. Just curious
                      it really is quite simple. 7 years ago, i purchased a gray model eb4424 for $99 (coincidentally at the new rochelle store). on 1/11/12, i posted on this site, after presenting a photo of a price tag of $119.06, that i did not purchase any of the sanders in the new rochelle, ny store, as i already had one 7 year old gray model. on 1/25/12, as noted in the post from woodnet that you quoted, i purchased the following three eb4424's at the new rochelle, ny store: 1 nib gray model for $49.03, 1 nib factory sealed orange model for $49.03 and i open box orange model for $39.03( receipts as shown). so now i have four. does that summarize it sufficiently for you? please let me know if further simplification is necessary.

and while we're on the subject of prices, wasn't it you who posted the following to herb fellows on 1/11/12 regarding the $119.06 price i opened this thread with: "Herb, You should get it, The chances of them being there longer than 60 days(next price drop determined by the .06 cent) is not likely and doubtful you'll see this price anywhere else soon". the same store dropped the price from $119.06 on 1/10/12 to $49.03 on 1/25/12. my math isn't all that good, but that's about 14 days from one price change to the next, not 60 days, and seems at odds with your stated HD price theory.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• tommyt654
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 2008

Don't get your undies all wadded up toolguy1000 , I'm just tryin to figure out what the story is, you have so many alias's its like reading a novel. So just to get it straight you now have 4 correct?. I'm assuming that they are for sale correct,or are you into production sanding(hehe), care to sell to someone here or is this just a gloat and tote for CL. I noticed you offered to p/u one for Herb (as you noted my remarks to him) and I'll stand by my remarks about the timing of sales in most all stores as obviously the New Rochelle store must be a real dump or nightmare if they still have a 7yr old grey OSS laying around. But you always come on here posting this stuff that no one else seems to replicate except for you and unless Herb ran up and got one I doubt there are any left yet you seem to enjoy gloating about something nobody else can seem to replicate, Seems childish, at least in my view,I too have posted deals in the past, but at least mine were doable for others and not limited to 1 possible location which from what I can see must be a store with the worst possible inventory control in the history of HD.

Comment

• tommyt654
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2008

Well if anyone wants these better drive to NYC as they are the only place thats clearancing them out, just got off the phone with a friend(ex wife) at corporate and that area see's so few sales in these types of tools(woodworking) that they are pretty much eliminating them from most all of the stores in that area. They are gonna keep the homeowner type of stuff, drills, hand sanders, etc, but the larger tools are being phased out in that area and going to special order only.Seems corporate is downsizing in more ways than one as they also appear to be closing a lot of northern stores according to her. So toolguy has his hands full buying and selling all that stuff, Good for you toolguy, your in line to make some money, but its highly doubtful that anyone else will see those prices even in the future as they have no plans to change that particular model line or replace it with another brand. Care to ship a few down south, I need a spare for parts and I always like to have 2 of everything. I'm guessing this store must have been really close to the city if not in it. Too bad as I know there are woodworkers in that area, guess they'll just have to look elsewhere to buy larger tools or at least another company, Maybe Lowes will move up there with a competing line, or Menards even.

Comment

• woodinville guy
                            Established Member
                            • Sep 2003
                            • Cedar Park, TX

my area home depot's and lowes don't carry any real woodworking tools anymore :-( We are a dying breed.
                            - Dave

Comment

• duncsuss
                              Established Member
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by tommyt654
                              ... they also appear to be closing a lot of northern stores according to her ...
                              Tommy -- any chance you can find out which other cities/towns are going to be closing down the "real tools" sections and/or closing the stores completely?

It would be nice to know where the best places to look for bargains might be.

Thanks --

D.

Comment

• tommyt654
                                Veteran Member
                                • Nov 2008

Lemme check with the ex, but wifey no. 3 doesn't like a lot of socialization between the 2 of us, but I'll see what info I can gleen from her. She did say yesterday that there were around 30 some odd stores up north were closing, but I didn't bother getting the details, let me see what I can find out.

Comment

Working...