• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

woodpecker router mats - gone

if you got an email this morning about router mats 10 for $25 on clearance, forget it, they were sold out by 7PM tonight.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • chopnhack
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • Florida
    • Ryobi BT3100

I would have to agree with one famous author of woodworking materials, "moving blanket is much cheaper and much bigger, when it gets dusty throw it in the wash" :-)
    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

actually when i want to put a non-scratch top on the bench I go for some old carpet samples - they are the right size, the edges are finished nicely and you can rotate and slide projects on them without scratching.

But if i need a non-skid surface then these perforated rubber router mats are nice, I guess carpet padding or the drawers liners will work to a degree, for routing and sanding where you don't want the workpiece to move easily.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

I have a roll of black drawer liner. I think it is "Duck" brand. I also have a Rockler router mat. I cut the drawer liner to the same size as the router mat. Now I can't tell which one is which... It's the same stuff, just cut and packaged differently. The router mats are a LOT more expensive to boot...
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• BizCoach
          Forum Newbie
          • Jul 2004
          • Milford, CT.

I use non-slip rug pads. They're pretty cheap - made to go under throw rugs on a hard floor to keep them from slipping.
          www.CEOBootCamp.com
          Tools to help you run your business better

Comment

• cabinetman
            Gone but not Forgotten RIP
            • Jun 2006
            • So. Florida
            • Delta

Originally posted by BizCoach
            I use non-slip rug pads. They're pretty cheap - made to go under throw rugs on a hard floor to keep them from slipping.
            I use those and the rubberized drawer liner on a roll for non skid stuff. For smooth, old towels or U-Haul type pads work good.

Comment

Working...