DeWalt D27905 10-Gallon Vacuum $199 from Tool King via NewEgg (2011 POST!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toolguy1000
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • westchester cnty, ny

Originally posted by djkert
    Would this be better to hook up to a portable table saw or sander than my ridgid shop vac? I don't do enough woodworking to justify a dust collector (both cost and space), but I could probably justify upgrading to this if it's a worthwhile improvement.
    i have both and wouldn't be without my DC, and it's only a 1hp unit.
    there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• toolguy1000
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2009
      • westchester cnty, ny

Originally posted by LCHIEN
      ....FWIW, when they say 83" of water lift... here's what it means (visually speaking):
      Technically if they put a long tube vertically into say a swimming pool. Then they put the suction of the vac on the open end of the tube, then the suction would be enough to pull the water up into the tube 83 inches above the surface of the pool.....
      how does the diameter of the vertical tube figure into this calculation?
      there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• vaking
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2005
        • Montclair, NJ, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3100-1

Originally posted by toolguy1000
        i have one of these attached to a portable shopvac for auto activation:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...&blockType=G12

it pulls amps like crazy.
        I have the same and use it with my very small DC (Jet 610 CFM). It works with my BT3100 and router table. With my CMS it pops the breaker, so 12" CMS plus DC on same circuit overloads it. I have seen unit from Lee Valley that works similarly to this Sears auto-switch but it plugs into 2 separate circuits and can use combined amperage. I would say this to be a superior design to any dust extractor with self-activation circuitry.
        Alex V

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally Posted by LCHIEN
          ....FWIW, when they say 83" of water lift... here's what it means (visually speaking):
          Technically if they put a long tube vertically into say a swimming pool. Then they put the suction of the vac on the open end of the tube, then the suction would be enough to pull the water up into the tube 83 inches above the surface of the pool.....

Originally posted by toolguy1000
          how does the diameter of the vertical tube figure into this calculation?
          It has no effect. it's static pressure. The only time it would have an effect is how long it would take to raise the water level... that's proportional to the volume of air above the water in the tube and how many CFMs you can pull to remove the air. Once the air is removed, then the pressure will hold the water level, assuming no leakage of water or air (the static part).
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cabinetman
            Gone but not Forgotten RIP
            • Jun 2006
            • So. Florida
            • Delta

From what I understand there are a few ways to get a lift amount. A 1" tube is a common diameter used. Seems that the tube diameter would vary the lift amount.

Comment

• jussi
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2007

Rockler had the same deal for black friday.
              I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                Internet Fact Checker
                • Dec 2002
                • Katy, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by jussi
                Rockler had the same deal for black friday.
                this is a resurrected THREAD (SOMEONE DRAGGED IT UP AND STARTED POSTING TO IT AGAIN) from last year.
                Loring in Katy, TX USA
                If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                  Internet Fact Checker
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Katy, TX, USA.
                  • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by cabinetman
                  From what I understand there are a few ways to get a lift amount. A 1" tube is a common diameter used. Seems that the tube diameter would vary the lift amount.

you're quite wrong, the physics of it is, no matter what the area (tube diameter or square cross section, no difference), the lift height is the same. Look up how a liquid-column manometer works. The height of the liquid is h=P/rho/g where g is the gravity acceleration constant and who the density of the fluid. No where does A (area) or volume of the liquid come into play.
                  Last edited by LCHIEN; 11-25-2012, 07:54 PM.
                  Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• skamath
                    Established Member
                    • Sep 2006
                    • san diego, ca
                    • BT3100, 22124

Originally posted by MBG
                    This is still a good value but this seems to be the non-HEPA model but I believe if you buy the $100 HEPA filter it becomes equivalent to the $500 HEPA model.
                    btw, rockler has the hepa version for a little bit more
                    http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...9&site=ROCKLER

their store price was $20 less this past weekend, but i am guessing others saw it as well since it was on their flyer.

Comment

• skamath
                      Established Member
                      • Sep 2006
                      • san diego, ca
                      • BT3100, 22124

sorry about the duplicate post. just saw the other thread.

Comment

Working...