• Bt3100

Got mine last friday.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

saw this thread pop up a couple of weeks ago, forgot i even ordered one.
      But, showed up in the mail today. 2", whee!
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• tbarn
        Established Member
        • Jun 2004
        • PA, USA.
        • BT3100

Just received mine today. Doesn't look like anything super special but free is good.

Comment

• glenns5900
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2007
          • Longmont CO
          • Mao Shan TSC10L

I just received mine today. Has anyone noticed the way the set is on the teeth?

Most hole saw sets have one tooth bent in and the next bent out alternating all around the saw.

With this one I noticed that they are not consistent alternating every time with in/out/in/out etc.

Starting with where the cylinder is welded together they go....

out-out-in-out-in-in-out-in-out-out-in-out-in-out-in-in-out-in-out-in-in-out-in-in-out-in-out-out

Maybe I'm overthinking this, but is this the way it is supposed to be? Will it cut straight or wobble because of the uneven pattern? Only testing will tell.
          ------------
          Don't do anything in life that would cause the minister to have to lie at your funeral.

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

Tip for using your hole saw:

http://www.bt3central.com/showthread...036#post490036
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• billfrommich
              Forum Newbie
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by glenns5900
              I just received mine today. Has anyone noticed the way the set is on the teeth?

Most hole saw sets have one tooth bent in and the next bent out alternating all around the saw.

With this one I noticed that they are not consistent alternating every time with in/out/in/out etc.

Starting with where the cylinder is welded together they go....

out-out-in-out-in-in-out-in-out-out-in-out-in-out-in-in-out-in-out-in-in-out-in-in-out-in-out-out

Maybe I'm overthinking this, but is this the way it is supposed to be? Will it cut straight or wobble because of the uneven pattern? Only testing will tell.
              I didn't really notice that although I did notice that they didn't simply alternate in out as i would have expected. I did notice that one of the teeth adjacent to the weld was set quite a bit further "out" than any of the other "out" teeth. I'm going to have to bend that tooth in or maybe grind a bit of it off (since bending it might snap it off).

Comment

• LCHIEN
                Internet Fact Checker
                • Dec 2002
                • Katy, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 vintage 1999

at lowes this afternoon- they sell this saw without arbor for about $10.50. Arbors run $11 and higher to fit it.
                Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• skamath
                  Established Member
                  • Sep 2006
                  • san diego, ca
                  • BT3100, 22124

i got 2" hole saw as as well today. turns out the irwin door install set that i got from LV has the compatible arbor, so all's well.

Comment

• mrhans
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Oct 2011
                    • Chicago, Illinois 60640

Got mine last week. Thanks for posting up on this deal!

Comment

• LCHIEN
                      Internet Fact Checker
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Katy, TX, USA.
                      • BT3000 vintage 1999

too bad the arbors I have don't fit this hole saw. Don't feel like spending $11 on an Lenox arbor. What's the cheapest arbor that fits it?
                      Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• mrhans
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Oct 2011

I have an arbor from Bosch that works (screw in sleeve setup with a quick release) and standard screw in type (no name) and lastly a Milwaukee screw in type that also has two pins that set in. All of them work with this holesaw. What brand(s) do you have that arent working? Nearly every mandrel or arbor will fit this bit.
                        The images below correspond with the list above.

Comment

• toolbelt diva
                          Established Member
                          • Oct 2004
                          • Houston, TX, USA.
                          • Ryobi BT3100-1

Received mine a few days ago. I was wondering how it worked, so thank you for letting me know it is an arbor that I need to get in order to use it. LOL.
                          Rita

Comment

• LCHIEN
                            Internet Fact Checker
                            • Dec 2002
                            • Katy, TX, USA.
                            • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by mrhans
                            I have an arbor from Bosch that works (screw in sleeve setup with a quick release) and standard screw in type (no name) and lastly a Milwaukee screw in type that also has two pins that set in. All of them work with this holesaw. What brand(s) do you have that arent working? Nearly every mandrel or arbor will fit this bit.
                            the hole saws i have are like cups. They have a hole with .690 or .545 dia and two opposing flats to keep the arbor from spinning. They have a nut which pulls the arbor thru the cup and compresses against the back. A lip on the arbor keeps it from pulling thru the cup.

I see the Lenox hole saw has a threaded hole in in the saw and the arbors pictured thread into this hole from the outside. None of my arbors have a threaded portion which will thread into the saw body.

I think i have cheap hole saws.
                            This article explains the threaded mandrel systems to me.
                            http://www.ereplacementparts.com/art...ing_Guide.html
                            Last edited by LCHIEN; 10-12-2011, 11:35 PM.
                            Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• mrhans
                              Forum Newbie
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by LCHIEN
                              the hole saws i have are like cups. They have a hole with .690 or .545 dia and two opposing flats to keep the arbor from spinning. They have a nut which pulls the arbor thru the cup and compresses against the back. A lip on the arbor keeps it from pulling thru the cup.

I see the Lenox hole saw has a threaded hole in in the saw and the arbors pictured thread into this hole from the outside. None of my arbors have a threaded portion which will thread into the saw body.

I think i have cheap hole saws.
                              This article explains the threaded mandrel systems to me.
                              http://www.ereplacementparts.com/art...ing_Guide.html
                              Great article, pretty informative. I have purchased cheapo holesaw setups in the past when presented with the need and being too far from my shop. If I absolutely have to I will purchase one that comes with its own arbor included. If you toss your inexpensive setup and embrace the type given away by Lennox, you will be amazed by their performance and longevity.

Comment

• sweensdv
                                Veteran Member
                                • Dec 2002
                                • WI
                                • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Originally posted by mrhans
                                ...................... If you toss your inexpensive setup and embrace the type given away by Lennox, you will be amazed by their performance and longevity.
                                +1 Yes sir, night and day difference.

Comment

Working...