• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Early production BT3000 $175.00 Houston CL

Not mine, but it looks decent. Just hope it's not a 13 amp model...

http://houston.craigslist.org/tls/2119955960.html
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • AceTKK
    Forum Newbie
    • Apr 2005

I actually saw this ad and was considering going by to take a look at it. This would be my first table saw, is there a guide anywhere to help me gauge the condition? What should I look as far as worn parts? Do you think the price is fair?

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by AceTKK
      I actually saw this ad and was considering going by to take a look at it. This would be my first table saw, is there a guide anywhere to help me gauge the condition? What should I look as far as worn parts? Do you think the price is fair?
      ask for my FAQ (see sig line below)

its down to $150 now.
      Pic looks like its in wonderful shape with all the standard parts there.
      Its got a pre-1994 elevation crank (best crank made!) on it so its old, you can tell from the nameplate. the date of manufacture encoded as a four digit number like 9432 which would be 1994 32nd week.
      if its that old you would prefer NOT to have the oldest 13Amp model (again check the tag) but the slightly more powerful 15Amp post-1993 version.
      Should run smooth and the elevation run smoothly. Biggest problem was shims sticking and falling out. Need to find a picture for you.
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 12-28-2010, 07:43 PM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• woodturner
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2008
        • Western Pennsylvania
        • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by AceTKK
        Do you think the price is fair?
        That's subjective, I think. However, as a point of reference, the current Sears version is often available for $230 to $250. For me, I'd rather pay the extra $100 and have a new machine - but that's just me.
        --------------------------------------------------
        Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

Working...