• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Les
    I'm in southern WA and haven't had any luck finding these blades. So I have been trying to console myself with the thought that I can just use my router for making box joints. For those who have done it both ways, is there much of a difference?

P.S. Found a Craftsman set of molding triple cutter heads for $30 (model #93217) -- is that a good deal? Could they be used with the BT3000?

A good router bit will give you the advantages of the clean sides, square bottom-square corner cuts. In my experience I get a cleaner cut with the dado-type blade than a straight router bit, but a lot of people like it. If you can, use a spiral up-cut all carbide bit.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• THyman
      Established Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Atlanta, Georgia, USA

I found some of these in Nashville, TN for $24.97 as well.
      War Eagle!

Comment

• tbarn
        Established Member
        • Jun 2004
        • PA, USA.
        • BT3100

I just picked up the last one in the Lebanon, PA store. marked at 50% off $49.99 and When I had them ring it up it came to $25.

Thanks for posting this.

Comment

• Aimlesssoul
          Forum Newbie
          • Dec 2005
          • Illinois, Will County

Sears Hardware has them but...

they are not on the same clearance schedule. They will not, repeat will not price match to the stores or other SH's that have given the clearance. I tried with my copy of the receipt, no luck, they must like keeping stock on hand that never moves.
          I am in shape. Round is a shape!

Comment

• mclear
            Forum Newbie
            • Jan 2007

The Sears at the Rockaway Mall has one more. It is listed for $99 on the shelf, but rings up $25.00

Comment

Working...