14" wood cutting band saw. $250.00 Houston CL.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

14" wood cutting band saw. $250.00 Houston CL.

Not mine, but this appears to be a Central Machinery 14", can't tell if it is the single or 4 speed model. It appears to already be fitted with a riser block...

Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

It sure looks like it's been fitted with a riser. Could be a good deal. Might be worthwhile to make a phone call.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

If I was feeling VERY generous, and knew somebody that wanted / needed a band saw... I would grab it, but my budget would kill me...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

$250 not a particularly good price for a used Central machinery (AKA Harbor Freight) 14" band saw (even with riser), is it?
        Last edited by LCHIEN; 12-02-2010, 09:48 AM.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Lonnie in Orlando
          • May 2003
          • Orlando, FL, USA.
          • BT3000

I agree with Loring, this may be high for this model. Here's some info to bargain with ...

The HF BS in the CL photo is not the newer model that is on display in HF retail stores. The newer model has features similar to a Ridgid BS ... hinged door, larger v-grooved guidepost, micro adjustable thrust bearing and guides, 2" dust hookup, etc.

FYI - I paid $219 in 2002 for my BS like the one in the photo (model #32208). I bought another one for a friend for under $200 in 2005 with a 20% coupon. I paid $12 for a gray Ridgid riser block and band on close out at HD + $20 to machine a longer guide post. I paid $6.99 for the work light in the photo. My total wrap up = $258 new.

If the seller has a HF riser block, it was probably about $60 with blade and guide post. This would raise the cost when new to $286. Extra Timberwolf bands are about $32.

- Lonnie
          OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all

Comment

Working...