Sears micro-positioning device

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kavoom
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2010
    • 43
    • Sears 21289

    #1

    Sears micro-positioning device

    I saw this on the Sears site. 29.99

    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00922214000P

    "Allows micro-adjustments of Rip Fence in 1/64 in. increments." It comes up with the 21829, but says it's for another unit, however the one reviewer on it says he is using it on a Bt3x00.

    Anybody used one?
    Kavoom
    Upside Down and Backwards
  • JimD
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2003
    • 4187
    • Lexington, SC.

    #2
    I use one on my BT3100. It is exactly the same as the one sold by Ryobi except it has the Craftsman name on it. I bought it from Craftsman because it was cheaper and easier to find. It is very useful. If you are trying to get a precise width, for instance, you can position the fence slightly oversize, lock the positioner down, make a cut, and then precisely reposition the fence. I use it for making tenons too. I have a jig that rides the rip fence and holds the piece vertical. I reposition the fence in small increments to get the tenon width just right.

    The one modification I made to the positioner was to epoxy a small rare earth magnet to the hook piece and a small washer to the rip fence. This lets me attach and detach the positioner without lifting the fence. It also eliminates any slop in the attachment.

    Jim

    Comment

    • LCHIEN
      Super Moderator
      • Dec 2002
      • 22085
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

      #3
      it works on the BT3000/BT3100, Sears 22811, 21829 and other sears variants of the BT3x. The one you're looking at is a sears labelled Ryobi supplied unit.

      I have had one for years, works really well. More info on the micropositioner in my FAQ (see sig line)
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 04-08-2010, 06:11 AM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

      Comment

      • Kavoom
        Forum Newbie
        • Mar 2010
        • 43
        • Sears 21289

        #4
        Thanks for the feedback. I got your Faq LChien I'll check that out.
        Kavoom
        Upside Down and Backwards

        Comment

        • wouldchuck
          Forum Newbie
          • Sep 2005
          • 70
          • Richmond, VA, USA.

          #5
          Just ordered it for $25.49, online special.

          Comment

          • mac_daddy
            Forum Newbie
            • May 2006
            • 84
            • Sugar Land, TX
            • BT3000

            #6
            If you are into cashbacks, don't forget to login to Bing and then search for Sears in the company and then follow the links to the sears main site. I believe it is at 8% cashback for Sears.

            Comment

            Working...