• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by phi1l
    Hi. I have one of these & I noticed that it works fine for small short duration jobs, but if it stays on for any period of time, the transmission area gets quite hot. So, I think I will reserve it for the smaller close quarters areas it is best at.
    Which one? I am assuming you mean the SCMS, there are two item #s.
    #98194, the Orange motor housing model and the #96698 with the burgundy motor housing.

I have read some reviews of the 98194 which indicated rapid heat buildup, and accuracy issues, the 96998 only complaint I have seen so far is a pretty lousy blade, which is no stunner there...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• tjr
      Established Member
      • Oct 2008
      • at the falls of the Ohio
      • BT3000 (1 3/4 of them)

Originally posted by dbhost
      Which one? I am assuming you mean the SCMS, there are two item #s.
      #98194, the Orange motor housing model and the #96698 with the burgundy motor housing.

I have read some reviews of the 98194 which indicated rapid heat buildup, and accuracy issues, the 96998 only complaint I have seen so far is a pretty lousy blade, which is no stunner there...
      In the recent HF mailer there's a coupon for 12" SCMS for $129.99 that applies to models 98194, 96698, and 91852. I wouldn't be too surprised it there's a $119.99 coupon floating around too. From what I've seen, each store usually only stocks one model of each tool type, so it may be a bit tricky to find a particular model. Maybe they can order the other models that they don't stock?

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Last time I was there, my local HF had a full pallet of each #98194, the Orange motor housing model and the #96698 with the burgundy motor housing.

They also had full pallets of the 40400 air compressor, and some welders, and a few other non WW related items...
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...