• radhak
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2006
      • Miramar, FL
      • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Bernie, thanks.

I also found the cache of the website (where else - Google!) :

http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=3&gl=us

Hopefully the receipt and the web offer should be good.

Surprising that nobody at Woodcraft seemed to be aware of this clearance, or even of that gadget itself !
      It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
      - Aristotle

Comment

• BerniePA
        Established Member
        • Nov 2007
        • San Tan Valley, AZ
        • Grizzly 0575

Originally posted by radhak

Surprising that nobody at Woodcraft seemed to be aware of this clearance, or even of that gadget itself !
        Sounds like a severe case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is scratching..........
        Bernie

Owww -- That spinnin' thang hurt!!

Comment

• ragswl4
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Winchester, Ca
          • C-Man 22114

Got the replacement digital readout today for the fence (first one was DOA). Great service from WoodCraft, replaced it within 4 working days. This is a great addition to the table saw. Wish I had one years ago. Works really great, smooth action, holds its calibration and is dead accurate. Goodbye measuring tape and ruler. Just set it and cut. GET ONE, you won't be sorry.

Installation of the rail was a snap.
          RAGS
          Raggy and Me in San Felipe
          sigpic

Comment

• radhak
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2006
            • Miramar, FL
            • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Good news to report :

I got one today, at the clearance price!!!

On the phone the other day, they could not find the piece - neither on their computer nor on the floor. Today I landed up there with Bernie's receipt in hand, and the first chap I talk to nods wisely and says, 'yup, we are clearing it out, and my inventory shows I got three!', and finds one within minutes !

This must be the first time I am able to use a receipt anywhere to get a sale price. There have been times at Lowes/HD that I have been laughed at . Maybe I should buy a powerball today...

Anyway, thanks to RyobiGirl for the first alert,and to Bernie for the receipt!
            It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
            - Aristotle

Comment

• BerniePA
              Established Member
              • Nov 2007
              • San Tan Valley, AZ
              • Grizzly 0575

Glad to see you got one and also glad to see this thread got bumped because it reminded me that I wanted to tell everyone about the great service from Barry Wixey that I got concerning my digital fence readout.

After about a week, it would not hold zero and would give me readings that I could not trust, being off by as much as 1/4". I contacted Barry at his company email for suggestions as to what to do. After two or three emails of try this, check that, Barry shipped off a replacement head plus 2 more new batteries at no charge for me to try. This did the trick. It seems that my original head for some reason committed circuit board sucide, but the replacement has been working wonderfully. I can't speak highly enough about how great it was working through this with Barry, who I found out even lived in the Pittsburgh area for awhile. The man stands behind his products and makes them right if they happen to not perform as you expect them to.
              Bernie

Comment

• tommyt654
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2008

Is it just me or do you guys have some really shatty tablesaws? I never have a problem with worrying about the dynamics of my cuts to justify buying some overpriced expensive tool. Wood floats people wake up, just get it really close but don,t waste your money on these useless tools. Just get a good square and a good saw-blade and start making something instead of being perfect. How do you think our forefathers made stuff 100 yrs ago. Wood swells and varys w/climate. Produce don,t Deduce!

Comment

• jussi
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by tommyt654
                  How do you think our forefathers made stuff 100 yrs ago. Wood swells and varys w/climate. Produce don,t Deduce!
                  You could also do ww with a handsaw, hammer, and a chisel but I don't most people are gonna do that.
                  I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• Stray_shot
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Sep 2006

Is it just me or do you guys have some really shatty tablesaws? I never have a problem with worrying about the dynamics of my cuts to justify buying some overpriced expensive tool. Wood floats people wake up, just get it really close but don,t waste your money on these useless tools. Just get a good square and a good saw-blade and start making something instead of being perfect. How do you think our forefathers made stuff 100 yrs ago. Wood swells and varys w/climate. Produce don,t Deduce!
                    Could we do it without these "useless" tools? Sure. It just makes it easier, which is why we have all these other "useless" tools. It's why we use circular saws instead of hand saws, power planers instead of hand planes, etc. If you want to do it like our "forefathers", knock yourself out. It's kind of ignorant to dismiss the usability of a particular instrument just because you seem think you're better than that.

Comment

• radhak
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2006
                      • Miramar, FL
                      • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Now you got me all defensive ,

In my case I have to admit I am trying to counter 'really shatty work styles' with this gadget. I have not installed it yet, but am looking forward to using it for repeatability across sessions that are sometimes weeks apart - if i can record the settings for each piece right after i cut it, i would save that much more time trying to maneuver the unifence close enough later.

Sure, this could be wasteful spending for even many of our friends here whose shop jigs are far better than my 'fine furniture' ; and maybe even for me but for the 50% off. Still, to offset, I am hoping to sell off the angle gauge...
                      - Aristotle

Comment

• BerniePA
                        Established Member
                        • Nov 2007
                        • San Tan Valley, AZ
                        • Grizzly 0575

Well, Tommy, I could probably get places on horseback like our forefathers did also, but I prefer to do it in a modern auto in comfort and speed. As far as my wood working is concerned, about 10 years ago, I lost vision in my left eye. This affect my depth perception and makes it harder to line things up, even rule marks with a saw blade at times. I have also found that when I make small errors, when it comes to assembly time, the errors have a way of multiplying into LARGE errors, so the smaller I can make the errors, the better off I am and seeing 1/2" digital numerals telling me exactly where I am making my cut is VERY reassuring to me. I also use a digital fractional caliper, and I also have a digital fractional depth gauge that I can use to set the depth for a dado cut or my router bit depth, etc. With this equipment, I find that I still make test cuts, but I make ONE test cut and it is dead on because of the accuracy of the set up equipment. I prefer to do it that way, if you want to throw away your ruler and use your finger to measure, be my guest, but don't critize what methods others chose to use -- you may not know why, nor is it your business why they choose to use certain equipment or not.
                        Bernie

Comment

• BerniePA
                          Established Member
                          • Nov 2007
                          • San Tan Valley, AZ
                          • Grizzly 0575

Originally posted by radhak
                          Still, to offset, I am hoping to sell off the angle gauge...
                          Radhak, you may want to hang on to that angle gauge for a while. I've gotten it out a half dozen times since I got it to check this or that. You can use it for your drill press, band saw, table saw and other equipment not even related to your wood working. I think it's kind of handy, but that's just my opinion.
                          Bernie

Comment

Working...