This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RyobiGirl

$73.99 Wixey Digital Fence Readout with FREE Digital Angle Gauge

After I did my research, comparing digifence, seeing if I could DIY it, etc. for the price I grabbed this:
    Whether you're a seasoned artisan or a novice enthusiast, shop Woodcraft for expert advice, unbeatable prices, superior brands, and a woodworking experience like no other. Explore our vast selection of premium wood, tools, and accessories, meticulously curated to fuel your passion for creating timeless pieces.

If you want to add extensions to the 60" provided, ou can buy around 30" more from Wixey (www.wixey.com) for $55 at http://www.wixey.com/fence/spareparts/index.html, and can also buy another DRO (digital readout) for $29.99. So add this all up and you get $85 plus $74=$159, when the original AVERAGE selling price of the fence was $149. So for $10 more you can add you extensionns, maybe another DRO for your router at the other end of the table, (or for your old BTS15, like me, who has this built into the table as well!) They DO have pictures of how to mount it to a BT3000, but I DON'T LIKE IT. I like digi fence's mounting options better, (but not the price) and when I get the kit, and rest of the stuff, I am going to modify the DRO to fit the standard BT3100 fence without the ugly bracket Wixey provides. (But I am a GIRL, it's important to me how things look, form AND function! and I have pink painted everywhere in my shop, and on my tools, so anyone that comes to my house knows that it's mine and NOT my husband's! Can you believe people assume that?) Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know, if you are interested..
    Last edited by Guest; 02-05-2009, 03:46 PM. Reason: Want the title to be BOLD font
  • jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

Any know if there's still a frees shipping code going around?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• Stray_shot
      Forum Newbie
      • Sep 2006

Wow, that's a gtreat deal. I got this for Christmas, but it was on clearance for $79 *without* the angle gage. Of course, I already had the angle gage, so it's not that big a deal, but still....

Comment

• BerniePA
        Established Member
        • Nov 2007
        • San Tan Valley, AZ
        • Grizzly 0575

Originally posted by jussi
        Any know if there's still a frees shipping code going around?
        WoodCraft is supposed to have free shipping thru 2/22 on mostly all orders except excessive weight or direct ship. No code mentioned.

Anybody have any experience with those Wixey digital fence readout gizmos??
        Bernie

Owww -- That spinnin' thang hurt!!

Comment

• jussi
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007

It doesn't show up for me on check out. Let me know if you guys have any luck with it.
          I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• mmmdennie

Wixey DRO for table saw

Originally posted by BerniePA
            WoodCraft is supposed to have free shipping thru 2/22 on mostly all orders except excessive weight or direct ship. No code mentioned.

Anybody have any experience with those Wixey digital fence readout gizmos??
            Yes I have one mounted on my Grizzly 1023 tablesaw, and love it! I have also upgraded to the Sears digital miter gauge, and love it too.

Comment

• jhart
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2004
              • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
              • BT3100

I got the Wixley digital fence readout and angle gauge for christmas. Mounted on a BT-3100 without a problem. Really like both of the toys, but the fence readout seems to burn thru the batteries pretty easily. Haven't seen the same problem for the angle gauge. That seems to shut off and stay off. All in all, happy with both.
              Joe
              "All things are difficult before they are easy"

Comment

• BerniePA
                Established Member
                • Nov 2007
                • San Tan Valley, AZ
                • Grizzly 0575

[QUOTE=BerniePA;393513]WoodCraft is supposed to have free shipping thru 2/22 on mostly all orders except excessive weight or direct ship. No code mentioned. /QUOTE]

Sorry, fellas. When it was mentioned that it didn't work for jussi, I went back and checked the email I had on this and when I finally clicked on the email, I found out that it is only for "preferred email customers" and you have to actually go to the site through the email to get the free shipping from what I now gather. Sorry for the false alarm -- didn't look at all the fine print (that was on another screen)
                Bernie

Owww -- That spinnin' thang hurt!!

Comment

• BWDesMoines
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Jan 2007

Does anyone know if this would work with a Craftsman zip code saw? I have the hybrid with the standard fence (no Beis yet; one of these days!) and would love something that is easy to read.

Butch in Des Moines

Comment

• agent511
                    Established Member
                    • Jun 2005
                    • Philadelphia
                    • TS3650

I just bought one. Thanks, OP, for the alert.

Hope it fits the Ridgid TS3650 without too much modification.
                    darksider

Comment

• MBG
                      • Apr 2003
                      • Chicago, Illinois.
                      • Craftsman 21829

I bought this two weeks ago. Free shipping did not show up on-line, but, I called and they gave me free shipping w/o a problem.

Mike

Comment

• RyobiGirl

Originally posted by BWDesMoines
                        Does anyone know if this would work with a Craftsman zip code saw? I have the hybrid with the standard fence (no Beis yet; one of these days!) and would love something that is easy to read.

Butch in Des Moines
                        If you go to http://www.wixey.com/fence/fit/index.html, they have quite a few pix there, showing most of the major brands of fences/rails. A quick look might be able to show you one similar to what you have. I'm pretty sure that you can adapt most anything to fit, although I am unfamiliar with your model. And if that doesn't help, I found http://www.digi-kit.com/photos.htm to be helpful in showing a number of dfferent ways to shim/add washers etc. to help in installation. Hope this helps..

Comment

• agent511
                          Established Member
                          • Jun 2005
                          • Philadelphia
                          • TS3650

Many thanks again to you, RyobiGirl. Your link has close-up photo's of installations on every major saw, including the TS3650. Should make the job go much smoother.
                          Last edited by agent511; 02-06-2009, 02:43 PM.
                          darksider

Comment

• ragswl4
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2007
                            • Winchester, Ca
                            • C-Man 22114

Originally posted by RyobiGirl
                            If you go to http://www.wixey.com/fence/fit/index.html, they have quite a few pix there, showing most of the major brands of fences/rails. A quick look might be able to show you one similar to what you have. I'm pretty sure that you can adapt most anything to fit, although I am unfamiliar with your model. And if that doesn't help, I found http://www.digi-kit.com/photos.htm to be helpful in showing a number of dfferent ways to shim/add washers etc. to help in installation. Hope this helps..

Thanks for the original post and expecially this one. I have the exact C-Man saw shown on this site. Looking forward to installing the device.
                            RAGS
                            Raggy and Me in San Felipe
                            sigpic

Comment

• agent511
                              Established Member
                              • Jun 2005
                              • Philadelphia
                              • TS3650

Originally posted by MBG
                              I bought this two weeks ago. Free shipping did not show up on-line, but, I called and they gave me free shipping w/o a problem.

Mike
                              Originally posted by BerniePA

Being this was my first order, I called Woodcraft and inquired nicely about free shipping possibly extended to my order.

The customer service agent told me she was not aware of ANY current free shipping offer, the previous one (which Mike used) ended Jan 31st.
                              darksider

Comment

Working...