Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RyobiGirl

I am glad I can return the help/info that has been given to me so often! You are all welcome!

Comment

• BerniePA
      Established Member
      • Nov 2007
      • San Tan Valley, AZ
      • Grizzly 0575

Originally posted by agent511
      Being this was my first order, I called Woodcraft and inquired nicely about free shipping possibly extended to my order.

The customer service agent told me she was not aware of ANY current free shipping offer, the previous one (which Mike used) ended Jan 31st.
      I went thru my email to order the Wixey and it was going to charge me shipping. I stopped filling out the order on line at the point of putting in CC info and called customer service and explained situation to the young lady. She had me proceed and said it SHOULD take it off like a coupon but if it didn't to give her the order number and she would take it off, which is what happened and she did. So, I have one ordered and it should be here mid week, next week, free FedEx shipping.
      Bernie

Owww -- That spinnin' thang hurt!!

Comment

• jussi
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by BerniePA
        I went thru my email to order the Wixey and it was going to charge me shipping. I stopped filling out the order on line at the point of putting in CC info and called customer service and explained situation to the young lady. She had me proceed and said it SHOULD take it off like a coupon but if it didn't to give her the order number and she would take it off, which is what happened and she did. So, I have one ordered and it should be here mid week, next week, free FedEx shipping.
        So the email you got was specifically for the digital read out? Reason I'm asking is because I'm on their mailing list as well but the last email I got was for the free shipping till 1/31. I haven't bought anything from them online (just through the local store), so maybe I got dropped from the list
        I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• BerniePA
          Established Member
          • Nov 2007
          • San Tan Valley, AZ
          • Grizzly 0575

No -- it was for ANY item, but you had to go there thru one of the items in the email then you can shop for what ever you want, in my case, the Wixey. I'm the opposite of you, I don't by anything in a store since the store is a 90 mile round trip so I buy everything online.
          Bernie

Comment

• jussi
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2007

hmm. I just emailed woodcraft about the free shipping and they said the free shipping promo ended 1/31. Anyway I can get an email or even just a screen shot of the promo. If not no biggie.
            I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• BerniePA
              Established Member
              • Nov 2007
              • San Tan Valley, AZ
              • Grizzly 0575

Originally posted by jussi
              hmm. I just emailed woodcraft about the free shipping and they said the free shipping promo ended 1/31. Anyway I can get an email or even just a screen shot of the promo. If not no biggie.
              PM sent this AM
              Bernie

Comment

• eccentrictinkerer
                • Aug 2007
                • Minneapolis, MN
                • BT-3000, 21829

I've had the Wixey unit on my 22811 saw for a year and really enjoy it.

The recommended method looked clunky so I tried attaching it directly under the fence rail with sheetmetal screws and it works great!

My post re the mounting is

http://www.bt3central.com/showthread...143#post317143

Good luck!

J.D.
                You might think I haven't contributed much to the world, but a large number
                of the warning labels on tools can be traced back to things I've done...

Comment

• nothing
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Sep 2007
                  • Central MS
                  • Delta 36-979 with 30" Biese

arrrrrgh! i couldn't resist! I was doing so well, but you guys just had to keep the thread going.

Comment

• BerniePA
                    Established Member
                    • Nov 2007
                    • San Tan Valley, AZ
                    • Grizzly 0575

Mine arrived today. Installed it on the Griz for a left side of the fence read. Man is that thing accurate. Zeroed it and made some test cuts and right on the button with digital calipers!!! Glad I didn't pass up this deal with the pricing and the free shipping and free angle meter.
                    Bernie

Comment

• RyobiGirl

Originally posted by eccentrictinkerer
                      I've had the Wixey unit on my 22811 saw for a year and really enjoy it.

The recommended method looked clunky so I tried attaching it directly under the fence rail with sheetmetal screws and it works great!

My post re the mounting is

http://www.bt3central.com/showthread...143#post317143

Good luck!

J.D.
                      I got my "stuff" couple days ago, but because I haven't been feeling well-(take care of your spine, boys and girls) am just now going to open it. Wanted to thank you for this post, because I, too, thought it looked awful, and yours looks very neat. Thanks!

Comment

• ragswl4
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2007
                        • Winchester, Ca
                        • C-Man 22114

Just got mine today and the Digital readout for the fence was dead on arrival. Called WoodCraft and a replacement is already on the way. Is that good CS or what? (Hope the replacement isn't DOA)
                        RAGS
                        Raggy and Me in San Felipe
                        sigpic

Comment

• BerniePA
                          Established Member
                          • Nov 2007
                          • San Tan Valley, AZ
                          • Grizzly 0575

Originally posted by ragswl4
                          Just got mine today and the Digital readout for the fence was dead on arrival. Called WoodCraft and a replacement is already on the way. Is that good CS or what? (Hope the replacement isn't DOA)
                          Must be something in the CA air!!! Hope the replacement is good for you -- the CS was great. You will love it when you get it working.
                          Bernie

Comment

• ragswl4
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2007
                            • Winchester, Ca
                            • C-Man 22114

Installed the rail on my C-Man 22114. Was super easy. There is a t-track in the bottom of the fence so I inserted 4 bolts (1/2") and added two nuts as standoffs for the brackets that came with the kit. (Gotta remove the end caps on the fence rail) Installed the rail on the bolts, added another nut on each bolt, aligned the rail and done. Only downside is it pushed the power switch all the way to the left end of the rail. I'll have to fix that with some kind of standoff to lower the switch to clear the new rail. Easy fix.

Anyone who got the Wixey Digital Fence thingy for their 22114 and wants pixs drop me a PM.
                            RAGS
                            Raggy and Me in San Felipe
                            sigpic

Comment

• radhak
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 2006
                              • Miramar, FL
                              • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Need proof of the discount : email or receipt

As usual I woke up late on this, and found the link is dead - the deal seems to have expired. Not just that, the Fence Readout seems to have been yanked from Woodcraft's site.

As a long shot I called the local woodcraft (in Pompano Beach, FL). The chap seemed very friendly but knew nothing of this particular gadget . After a long search he dug up the DRO with the angle gauge, except that it's ringing up to $149! I explained I was looking for the discount price, so he asks if I could produce the email that lists the discount.

So, ladies and gentlemen, does anybody have the original email with the discount listed (or a screenshot of the web-page might also do)? Or maybe somebody could put up a scan of the receipt?
                              It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
                              - Aristotle

Comment

• BerniePA
                                Established Member
                                • Nov 2007
                                • San Tan Valley, AZ
                                • Grizzly 0575

Originally posted by radhak
                                As usual I woke up late on this, and found the link is dead - the deal seems to have expired. Not just that, the Fence Readout seems to have been yanked from Woodcraft's site.

As a long shot I called the local woodcraft (in Pompano Beach, FL). The chap seemed very friendly but knew nothing of this particular gadget . After a long search he dug up the DRO with the angle gauge, except that it's ringing up to $149! I explained I was looking for the discount price, so he asks if I could produce the email that lists the discount.

So, ladies and gentlemen, does anybody have the original email with the discount listed (or a screenshot of the web-page might also do)? Or maybe somebody could put up a scan of the receipt?
                                As far as I know, there was no email concerning a discount for this, just the link into the website which took you into the clearance section. I guess they have cleared them. I do not have either a screen shot of the website and I can't even find a receipt either. For some reason, I never got an email conformation on the order and I did not have one in the package. Almost like the order didn't exist.

As for the $149 price, that is what made this so sweet, the price, plus the free digital angle gauge and I got the free shipping on top, I didn't really want one, but I couldn't afford not to get it!! I'm very sorry that they seem to have sold out of them. Maybe someone else got a receipt and your guy will honor it.
                                Bernie

Comment

Working...