X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JSUPreston
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • Montgomery, AL.
    • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Campbell Hausfeld Compressor at Lowe's - $62.50

Heard about it on slickdeals.net. I've already picked up mine. At the Montgomery, AL Lowe's, it was $79 - 20% discount on all air compressors. Don't know how good it is, but it will replace the $100 Craftsman that was recently relocated from my carport to someone's trunk.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...esc&lpage=none
    "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.
  • jhart
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2004
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

My first compressor was a CH pancake, identical to the PC model, that I'v had going on 10 years. Works like a champ still.
    Joe
    "All things are difficult before they are easy"

Comment

• Ozzie
      Established Member
      • Mar 2005
      • Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA.

Now $63.20 plus tax.
      Ozzie

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2007
        • Buena Park, CA
        • CM 21829

I missed the 20% off sale, but was hoping to still catch the $79 price on this. Checked the on-line price yesterday - back to $99! So much for "new lower price". The Blue box is really starting to annoy me with their pricing.

Anyway, needed to go there for other items, so went to the compressor aisle, and surprise - display still had the yellow tag showing New Lower Price $79. So I took one up front, and doesn't it figure - it rang up at $99! So I mentioned they were still tagged as "New Low Price $79", and I personally went to get the tag off the floor model (I've had store clerks elsewhere remove the tag and deny it was ever there), and they honored the $79.

Moral: If you still want this capable little compressor for $79, go instore and see if they still have the tag.

P.S. The CH 18g nailer/stapler that comes with seems capable - test fired some 1in staples at 80lbs, went into some scrap poplar very nicely - but is only 1-1/4in capacity ... so it went to my neighbor, who was interested in the stapler, since my HF nailer/stapler (dedicated to staples) goes to 1-1/2in.
        Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• Daryl
          • May 2004

I saw this after Christmas, they were offering it along with a Harbor Freight quality nailer-stapler for 99 dollars. I passed it then because it looked like an inflator type compressor that does not have a pressure valve, it would run all the time. I just didn't think I would be happy with it.
          Sometimes the old man passed out and left the am radio on so I got to hear the oldie songs and current event kind of things

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2007
            • Buena Park, CA
            • CM 21829

Originally posted by Daryl
            I saw this after Christmas, they were offering it along with a Harbor Freight quality nailer-stapler for 99 dollars. I passed it then because it looked like an inflator type compressor that does not have a pressure valve, it would run all the time. I just didn't think I would be happy with it.
            Daryl's observation of the nailer is right on - I put my HF nailer side-by-side with the CH that came with the compressor, and they were identical in every machining and assembly detail except the magazine size - 2in brads, 1-1/2in staples for the HF, 1-1/4in nails and staples for the CH.

As for compressor cycling - I was able to drive approx. 20-25 staples before the compressor recharged, and I'm not unhappy with that, since I wanted this for its portability - for those times I want to shoot a few brads and don't want to move my 26gal upright around. Definitely won't be using my framing, roofing, or paint guns with this little guy.
            Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• footprintsinconc
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2006
              • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
              • BT3100

make sure you cut of the legs on this compressor before storing it in your car port

Comment

• JSUPreston
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2005
                • Montgomery, AL.
                • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Had to find this thread to see when I bought the thing...it died today in the middle of my first project in months. Haven't been happy with it at all. I get 4 or 5 brads before it has to recharge. Wondering if it is even worth taking back to Lowe's to see if I can exchange it. It does have a one year warranty.

Thinking about it, I'm going to call customer service. Hopefully I can find my receipt.
                "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                  The Full Monte
                  • May 2007
                  • Sunshine State
                  • BT3000

Worth a shot. You've a right to your satisfaction, regardless of the price.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                    Internet Fact Checker
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Katy, TX, USA.
                    • BT3000 vintage 1999

i'm not sure you can get lowes to take it back after 6 months but you could get CH to fix it under warranty and then sell it as fast as you can!
                    Loring in Katy, TX USA
                    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• JSUPreston
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2005
                      • Montgomery, AL.

Loring, you kinda hit on my plan. See, I was so tired that I wasn't really thinking about my actions...went to HF and got this: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=95386

My local store had it on sale for $99, and I DID remember my 15% coupon. I was just going to get the pancake compressor, but they were out, and I wanted to finish my little project.

The plan is to see if I can get the other one repaired under warranty and then use it whenever we might need one with the Cub Scouts.

BTW: The Montgomery, AL store still has 3 or 4 of the Prazi ChestMate dovetail jigs. They had more than that, but I made sure to decrease the inventory by 1. They were selling for $9.99.

Comment

• footprintsinconc
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 2006
                        • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
                        • BT3100

you would be surprised what lowes will do. i just cant put my finger on what i had bought, didnt use it for like 8 months and when i did, it broke just like yours. it was tool. it was like for $100. i went and spoke to the manager and he said no problem, he'd switch it out.

so i say, go talk to several of the managers until you get the one alllows you to switched it out.

Comment

• tsbrewers
                          Established Member
                          • Mar 2006

I believe this is the same compressor as the one that was closed out at Target this year too. I tried to warn people that it wasn't a great compressor, but just got ripped on, so I dropped it.

Anyway, I do know someone that has that HF compressor and it has been working fine for them for a few years. Hopefully you have better luck with that one.

Brew

Comment

• JSUPreston
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2005
                            • Montgomery, AL.

Brew, I seem to remember that folks were hit or miss on the CH unit, but for the money, I had to try. One thing that was very appealing about it was how easy it is for SWMBO to move around.

I'm liking the HF so far...except that I exploded the tube on my son's bike about an hour ago. We think it was about to go anyway, so no harm done. The amazing thing is that is fills up an 8 gallon tank a lot faster than the CH filled up it's little bitty tank. It's lound, but I've got ear protection.

Comment

• Charlie
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2009

Deleted by me.
                              Last edited by Charlie; 10-24-2009, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Working...