X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Schleeper
    Established Member
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by IBBugsy
    Funny, didn't work for me?? I don't show an Ebay item to link to?
    Did you sign in before doing the search?
    "I know it when I see it." (Justice Potter Stewart)

Comment

• LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

I haven't been able to get it to work for me, since the one purchase. This has been on multiple machines (different OSes) with various browsers. (kept money in my pocket then)
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• geminix
        Forum Newbie
        • Aug 2004
        • Montgomery, Alabama
        • Ryobi BT3100-1

Originally posted by Schleeper
        Did you sign in before doing the search?
        I just checked, and when I go to live.com, I am not signed in, and yet the ebay link comes up fine for me...

Comment

• IBBugsy
          Established Member
          • Jan 2006
          • Allentown, PA.
          • BT3100

Whether or not I'm signed in I don't see any Ebay items. It's not even listed under the "Stores" page?

It did work when this thread first started and I signed up to Cashback then. Now I'm actually interested in buying something and it doesn't seem to work?

I'll try on my home computer tonight.
          Dave - Weekend Garage Junkie
          "I'm no physicist but I know what matters" - Popeye

Comment

• Knottscott
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2004
            • Rochester, NY.
            • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by IBBugsy
            Whether or not I'm signed in I don't see any Ebay items. It's not even listed under the "Stores" page?

It did work when this thread first started and I signed up to Cashback then. Now I'm actually interested in buying something and it doesn't seem to work?

I'll try on my home computer tonight.
            It's working for me...just tried "coins" and it worked first time. 25%.
            Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Schleeper
              Established Member
              • Feb 2008

All I can think of, is it has to do with some of the security settings on the computer, like acceptance of cookies, etc.
              "I know it when I see it." (Justice Potter Stewart)

Comment

• tribalwind
                • Feb 2004
                • long island, ny.

i have to use internet explorer to see the logo appear..im sure its a security setting in firefox since it works for other FF users.

i definitely bought some things i wouldnt have through ebay,and still some things i wouldnt have bought Period, if it werent for the 30% and 25% ..i havent gone as nuts with the thing as others have.i'm up to about 800 in cashback...got a few $500 giftcards(need to sell a couple), a bosch router combo,rigid compact drill combo, biggest so far was the Jet 22" drum sander that i need to go pickup in NJ. got that for $800,(600 once i get my refund) even without the deal,that ones a steal,i see it going for $1,500 on amazon and everywhere else.

the biggest i WILL be getting,(ithink) is a new DSLR Camera... i'm looking at either a Nikon D90 , or a Canon EOS Rebel Xsi...gotta hit up my pro photographer friends for recommendations on all that.,,both of them go for about $900-1,500 depending on the package(lenses etc)( you get with it...i guess the smart thing would be to buy just the body since that alone maxes out the 200 cashback limit, then buy the lenses for it for additional cashback...one problem im running into is that a LOT of the camera sellers are all here in NY and charge 8.7% sales tax..frig that lol !.
                Last edited by tribalwind; 10-30-2008, 05:43 PM.
                namaste, matthew http://www.tribalwind.com

Comment

• IBBugsy
                  Established Member
                  • Jan 2006
                  • Allentown, PA.
                  • BT3100

I figured out my problem. I was trying to search from the Cashback home page instead of from the Live Search home page. I am now seeing the CashBack logo on eBay items.
                  Dave - Weekend Garage Junkie
                  "I'm no physicist but I know what matters" - Popeye

Comment

• dkerfoot
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2004
                    • Holland, Michigan
                    • Craftsman 21829

Is it currently working for anyone?

I am trying to use this for this ebay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Oneway-TALON-woo...26444624QQcmdZ

I cant get the rebate banner to appear when I follow the link from http://live.com
                    I search for "oneway talon chuck" and it comes right up as 25%

I've tried in both Firefox and IE and I don't get the banner for either. Will someone who has been successful before please try it and let me know if it is just me or if it really isn't working?
                    Doug Kerfoot
                    "Sacrificial fence? Aren't they all?"

Smaller, Smarter Hardware Keyloggers
                    "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
                    KeyLlama.com

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                      The Full Monte
                      • May 2007
                      • Sunshine State
                      • BT3000

When I go to Ebay through live.com (using "chisel" as a search parameter) and then search inside Ebay for "talon chuck", the chuck with 3 jaws appears in the search results at a Buy-It-Now price of $299.95, and the "Cash Back 25%" banner does appear when I go to that listing. I am using Firefox.

Comment

• dkerfoot
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2004
                        • Holland, Michigan
                        • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
                        When I go to Ebay through live.com (using "chisel" as a search parameter) and then search inside Ebay for "talon chuck", the chuck with 3 jaws appears in the search results at a Buy-It-Now price of $299.95, and the "Cash Back 25%" banner does appear when I go to that listing. I am using Firefox.
                        Thanks! I tried it on a different computer and it does indeed work there. Weird - must be a security setting of some sort. I even tried pausing my Kaspersky Internet Security and it still wouldn't work on my laptop.

Now I just need to decide if I should pull the trigger...
                        Doug Kerfoot
                        "Sacrificial fence? Aren't they all?"

Smaller, Smarter Hardware Keyloggers
                        "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
                        KeyLlama.com

Comment

Working...