• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NJFrank
    Established Member
    • Jun 2003
    • NJ, USA.

Live.com 30% on ebay

Live.com has 30% off on ebay now, must be a buy it now item and have the live.com 30% banner throughout the checkout process,

For those familiar with live cashback rebate program.
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

For those not familiar with the Cashback promo, get familiar with it! The discount is real. It takes 60 days for the discount refund to become eligible (to avoid returned items), but comes as cash in your Paypal account. "Cash" that I just used to buy a 40" LCD TV (also at a 30% discount). Note that the discount varies without warning. You need to move quickly when the discount is high.

I used this deal plus an Ebay coupon to buy my Shop Fox TS. We also used it to buy a new family PC, my son's college laptop, college books, his stereo speakers, some wwing accessories, gift cards, coins, and several other items for a total savings of over $900.
    Last edited by Knottscott; 10-13-2008, 10:53 AM.
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• eddy merckx
      Established Member
      • Mar 2006
      • Western WA
      • Shop Fox Cabinet

I just used it to buy a Shopfox 8" jointer. $200 off, plus free shipping, plus no sales tax saved me at least 1/3 the cost.

Eddy

Comment

• LinuxRandal
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Independence, MO, USA.
        • bt3100

Question about this.

If you use a charge card through your paypal account (ONLY), does this show up as a debit on it?
        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• dlminehart
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2003
          • San Jose, CA, USA.

So, I'd like to "get familiar with it". Anyone care to elaborate on how to do this?
          - David

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” -- Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Knottscott
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2004
            • Rochester, NY.
            • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by dlminehart
            So, I'd like to "get familiar with it". Anyone care to elaborate on how to do this?
            You need to originate a search though Live.com that results in an Ebay hit that shows the "Live Search Cashback" symbol . The word "chisels" works for me just about every time. It doesn't matter what you search for initially, as long as it results in a hit that has that symbol that links you to Ebay.

Then enter Ebay thru the link from your Live.com search. You should see the "Microsoft" Cashback banner at the top of the page. . Once you've got that banner, that session and the stated discount is valid for one hour....after an hour you can repeat the process to refresh it. Now you can search Ebay for any item you want, but it must be listed as a "Buy It Now" item, and they must accept PayPal as payment, and you must pay using PP. You'll see the Cashback banner at every step of the checkout process right up to confirming the purchase, so you'll know what your saving. Note that the discount is subject to change without notice....it has and will change but you won't know when until after. 30% is as high as I've seen it. You're allowed up to 6 cashback transactions per Ebay account...each transaction has a cap of $200.

Once you make the Buy It Now purchase, you'll receive an email from the MS Cashback folks stating that you've earned Cashback. It'll provide a link to set up a "Live ID" account with Microsoft. Your cashback will be available after 60 days, at which time you'll get another email with a link where you can request your payment. It typically goes straight to your PayPal account but I've read where others requested a check. Your Cashback summary will look something like this:
            Last edited by Knottscott; 11-29-2008, 07:33 AM.
            Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• tribalwind
              • Feb 2004
              • long island, ny.

thanks a bunch!!! i just used this to buy the Bosch router-combo set i've been eying .
              1 merchant had it for $189-free shipping,accepts paypal.but apparently was ineligible for the cashback.. luckily i found another seller.$199-$25 shipping..this made it $60 in cashback, so totals $165(eventually) saving me 25 bucks

for soem strange reason, when i enter ebay with FireFox, the microsoft-logo doesnt appear(after clicking the first logo ad in Live.com) but it dit work fine with internet-explorer...
              i turned off the "ad-block plus" filter,and think thats the only ad/spam-blocker im running..any clue??? is it supposed to only work through IE?...anyhow.it worked, and that is very cool

NJfrank and Dustmight are my new bestest pals :-D
              lets see what else i can buy up quick now!!!!
              namaste, matthew http://www.tribalwind.com

Comment

• thesleeper
                Forum Newbie
                • Dec 2003
                • menominee, MI, USA.

do you have to do something to the settings for this to show up. I have tried the original time it came up and also this time, but to no avail. no banner at the top of ebay.
                i did buy something with buy it now and it did not "show" up in the process either.
                thanks for any help
                frank

Comment

• tribalwind
                  • Feb 2004
                  • long island, ny.

frank try it with explorer, and follow Dustmight's instructions..that worked for me...
                  searched for 'chisels' in live.com and came rightup...

Comment

• Knottscott
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2004
                    • Rochester, NY.
                    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

I've been using Firefox all along with no issues. If you close the Ebay window you'll need to search thru Live.com again. The sessions are valid for 60 minutes.

Comment

• thesleeper
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Dec 2003
                      • menominee, MI, USA.

have tried again multiple times with no banner. this is very frustrating, i want to spend some money
                      frank

Comment

• Knottscott
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2004
                        • Rochester, NY.
                        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by thesleeper
                        have tried again multiple times with no banner. this is very frustrating, i want to spend some money
                        frank
                        Just to be clear, did you try searching for "chisels" (no quotes) from Live.com just to get the banner?

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?...&go=&form=QBLH

- www.ebay.com Live Search cashbackBuy Chisels. You may get 30% off with PayPal if eligible

Once you have the banner you can search any "Buy It Now" item from Ebay for 60 minutes at the stated discount.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2005
                          • Independence, MO, USA.
                          • bt3100

I had to sign up through IE on someone elses machine (not available for my os). Then I could use Firefox on their machine, as long as I turned off their proxy server (blocks a lot of stuff).

I found the settings which requests a check, so my cc/paypal only question doesn't matter.

The money showed up as pending today (I was worried that giving it a different email address (spam one) would cause problems).
                          She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• tribalwind
                            • Feb 2004
                            • long island, ny.

needed to update my router woes.
                            the one i bought wasnt the variable speed model,seller was very good and issued a cancel/refund.

thought it worth mentioning that even some of the "buy it now"s are Negotiable sometimes...it never hurts to ask !!!
                            i just found another seller with $189 and $24 shipping,he agreed to match the other free-shipping auctions for me that'll bring this brand new router combo down to $132...woot !

Comment

• thesleeper
                              Forum Newbie
                              • Dec 2003
                              • menominee, MI, USA.

followed your link and the banner still does not come up. it must be a setting with the computer or something. i am not smart enough to figure it out. it must be a higher force wanting me to hold on to the money. LOML

thanks for the suggestions
                              frank

Comment

Working...