It's Tax time. TurboTax Deluxe plus state .....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sparkeyjames
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Redford MI.
    • Craftsman 21829

It's Tax time. TurboTax Deluxe plus state .....

Sale ended midnight 1-20-08. Sorry you missed it.
    Last edited by sparkeyjames; 01-21-2008, 08:23 AM.
  • DUD
    Royal Jester
    • Dec 2002
    • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered Arkansas. Bill
    5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

• Mark Smith
      Established Member
      • Aug 2007
      • Southwest CT

Thanks. A very good deal.

Comment

• docrowan
        • Mar 2007
        • New Albany, MS
        • BT3100

Sparkey,

Could you have posted a week ago? Shoot, we paid $50.00 for ours. Oh well, I'll try and remember for next year.

BTW, if you're still doing your own by hand I would highly recommend TurboTax Deluxe. I've tried and can't recommend TurboTax regular or TaxCut.
        - Chris.

Comment

• Hobiedog
          Forum Newbie
          • Sep 2007

Taxcut Fed + State + efile for ~$20 AR @ Officedepot

I bought one in store this week so I guess it'll at least be available until the end of this business day. If you've efiled before you know that this is typically ~$15 for federal and ~$15 for state.

Comment

• BasementJunkie
            Forum Newbie
            • Apr 2007

BJ's had a circular with a $15 off coupon. They were selling it for $38.99, so $23.99 after coupon ain't bad.

Comment

• sparkeyjames
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2007
              • Redford MI.
              • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by docrowan
              Sparkey,

Could you have posted a week ago?
              Nope just got the email yesterday. Almost to late to use it. Typical of Costco's email system.
              Had to act fast. Last year the email came in the day before the sale ended.

Comment

• Salty
                • Feb 2006
                • Akron, Ohio

Does anyone here use TaxAct software?
                I downloaded it but have not yet done much since I don't have my W2 yet.

Salty
                Why doesn't the word 'planing' show up in my computer spell check?

Comment

• chopnhack
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2006
                  • Florida
                  • Ryobi BT3100

I have used TaxAct for years and have found it to be better than TurboTax - IMO. Of course we don't have to file state taxes
                  I really like the simple method of input and helpful advice guide.
                  I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• DaveS
                    • May 2003
                    • Minneapolis,MN

Just a reminder that if you are a State Farm customer, you can use the online version (with free E-file) for free.

Just go log into your State Farm account and you will see the link on the left side of the page.

Comment

• sparkeyjames
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2007
                      • Redford MI.
                      • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by DaveS
                      Just a reminder that if you are a State Farm customer, you can use the online version (with free E-file) for free.

Just go log into your State Farm account and you will see the link on the left side of the page.
                      To echo Docrowan, Couldn't you have posted that earlier? I have car and home ins. with them.
                      Now there's $23 down the tubes.

Comment

• JeffG78
                        Established Member
                        • Jan 2007
                        • Northville, Michigan - a Detroit suburb
                        • BT3100

I just registered on State Farm's website and found the Turbo Tax online version.

For those that have used it, is it any different than the regular store-bought version? I don't have my W2s yet, but today is the last day of the Costco coupon in the store, so I have to decide which version to use. As long as the free online version works the same, I will use that one. Also, can I still use the data from last year's TT with the online version?

With free e-file for Fed and State, this will save me around $60 Between the ~$30 for TT Deluxe at Costco and $15 each for e-file, it gets quite expensive!

Thanks for the heads up!!! Hopefully it is the same as the regular version.

Comment

• sparkeyjames
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2007
                          • Redford MI.
                          • Craftsman 21829

I'm not sure if the online version is equal to the normal TurboTax version or the Deluxe. You would have to go to the TurboTax web page and poke around a little. I used the online TurboTax 2 years ago and it was OK. I think though that the Deluxe boxed version I used the next year was better. It is the reason I'm sticking with the boxed version. I do wish however that you did not have to purchase the whole thing again when the one from the year before could be upgradable for a small fee. Also you don't have to E-file you can print it out and mail it in if you so choose. That goes for both boxed and internet version.
                          Last edited by sparkeyjames; 01-20-2008, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• JeffG78
                            Established Member
                            • Jan 2007
                            • Northville, Michigan - a Detroit suburb
                            • BT3100

Thanks sparkeyjames. That's what I was afraid of. I've been using TT for many years now and I am a bit nervous about switching to a version that isn't as good. Now I have to decide if it's worth getting bundled up to go to Costco for the boxed version.

Comment

• DaveS
                              • May 2003
                              • Minneapolis,MN

better schmetter

You can use the online "deluxe" version and the "state" TT as well.

Yes, you can import your TT from last year's desktop version.

Here is a website showing the differences between the box and the web version: http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/k....html?lid=stic

For most people, the two are the same. You don't get the multimedia (audio and video) help though - but there is online help, and it seems about the same to me. Also, in the desktop version, you can see the tax forms and fill them out, just like they will print out - the online version just does the questions thing, and has some areas that are sort of like the actual forms, but don't look like the forms.

One big difference between the box and online version is that with the online version you can only import from data from Quicken, not from other packages (like MS Money) - you have to use the box version for that.

If you are on a slow internet connection, then the box version will be better for you.

All of the normal operational things are the same - the interface is only slightly different (due to the whole web thing).

As to one version being "not as good" as the other, I think they are so similar that it comes down to a personal preference type of thing - operationally, neither is superior from my experience.

Personally, I liked the online version better than the box version. Just my $0.02.
                              Last edited by DaveS; 01-22-2008, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Working...