It's Tax time. TurboTax Deluxe plus state .....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruffc
    Established Member
    • Mar 2004
    • Gardner, KS, USA.
    • BT3

Don't forget, the IRS webiste has links to free online tax preparing software, www.irs.gov. There may be some AGI limitations or maybe just the Federal form is free and a small fee for the State form but it could be a "deal" for some and a good place to look before spending your money.

I'm not sure how this program works but I think companies trying to get their name/product 'out there' offer their services free for a year or two to build up their clientele.

I started ~ 8 years ago with TaxActOnline (free then but now $16.95 for Federal & State) and don't have any compliants, everyone's tax situation is different though.
    Bryan

Comment

• tsbrewers
      Established Member
      • Mar 2006

I just wanted to add that I have been using taxact for probably 5 years and liked it. This year I stumbled across a FAR turbo tax deluxe so I ran though both last night. I ended up with about a $300 larger return with Turbo tax. So I would run through a couple different programs if you can, the tax act one online is free, just have to pay to file, so it is easy to try.

Brew

Comment

• wareagle
        Forum Newbie
        • Mar 2006

State Farm

DaveS - Thanks for the info on State Farm. I've been a customer for over 9 years and never knew about this. I was about to go out and buy TurboTax this week.

Really appreciate it!

Comment

Working...