• Ridgid TS2400LS

Stanley SBN125K 18 Gauge Brad Nailer $21.30

these were reported to be on clearance at some HD's for $20

Pete
  • Dale In Corona
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2005
    • Corona, CA, USA.

Yep, a buddy of mine picked one up at the Chino, CA store for me; supposedly on clearance for $19.99. I gave him $22 which he said would cover the tax and all. Not a bad deal and, like I told my friend at the time he bought it for me, at that price if it sucks or breaks I can simply dispose of it with little or no guilt.

Now as an aside... I don’t own a compressor (yet) so I haven't tried it and can not attest to the quality (or lack thereof) of the tool.

Dale

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Last time it was posted for $20 at HD, I criticized it for shooting only up to 1.25" brads, then I realized it would make a great 2nd nailer for shooting shorter brads, AT THAT PRICE POINT. So I did get one and it does work fine although I have not used it extensively.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

well, here it is 2016, some nine years later and I have been using this as a second nailer when I need two brad sizes.
        Thing just broke while using it, won't shoot a brad - the manual has an exploded parts diagram but no parts list. I googled it looking for some service info and found this post!
        I think I only have $20 in it, already spent a couple of hours farting with it taking it apart and looking for anything obviously wrong and it still won't fire, just makes a little burp.
        Can't find any parts list or repair kits, I think I'll toss it and consider I've got my $20 out of it and if I need another get a HF unit for about $20 that'll take 2" nails.
        Last edited by LCHIEN; 06-25-2016, 01:40 AM.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• capncarl
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Leesburg Georgia USA
          • SawStop CTS

Put it in a shipping box and let someone steal it off your front porch!

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

Bostitch Support was no help. They said they Stanley-B&D now encompassed Dewalt, B&D and Bostitch but that B&D's support had no info on that part number.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]n826420[/ATTACH]
            Much as I hated to, I threw it in the trash. Looked brand new.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]n826422[/ATTACH]
            I got a 1/4 NPT fitting from it and surprisingly the blow molded box fit both my HF narrow crown stapler and the HF 18 ga brad nailer, so I put the brad nailer into it since the case already had a label saying 18 ga brad nailer.on it.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]n826421[/ATTACH]
            Even the two allen keys that fit the blow molded case fit the nailer.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]n826423[/ATTACH]
            Last edited by LCHIEN; 07-16-2016, 12:31 PM.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

Working...