• Show
Clear All
  • glenns5900
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2007
    • Longmont CO
    • Mao Shan TSC10L

HF Oscillating Spindle Sander $79.99

I just got a Preferred Customer email from Harbor Freight advertising a Oscillating Spindle Sander (Item 95088) for $79.99. Regular price is $109.99. I haven't checked it out at the store yet, but thought this might be a good deal for some. The coupon says the offer expires 5/05/2007. Coupon code 54457726.

They are also advertising the sanding sleeves for it too. 80, 150, 240 grit 6 pieces for $3.99. Regular price $6.99 (Items 95268, 95269, 95270). Coupon code 70485982.
    ------------
    Don't do anything in life that would cause the minister to have to lie at your funeral.
  • sdk1000000
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2004

Does anyone know if the HF sanding sanding sleeves fit the Ryobi model?

Comment

• farkel
      Forum Newbie
      • Dec 2002

Coupon did not work for me

At this price, I would buy, but the coupon did not work. Are there any spaces or dashes or anything like that in the code? Also, this item looks identical to the late Ryobi unit. I am betting that it is the same unit with different markings. So I would also bet that the sleeves will fit the Ryobi.

Comment

• ke4rdb
        Forum Newbie
        • Mar 2006
        • Mooresville, NC
        • Ridgid TS3650

"Does anyone know if the HF sanding sanding sleeves fit the Ryobi model?"

In a word "Yes". The sleeves come with a 3" one that Ryobi does not use.

JW
        Credidi me felem vidisse!

Comment

• gaj1967
          Forum Newbie
          • Mar 2007
          • Luling, La.
          • BT3000

Try this link: http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...8_retailA.html

Best thing to do is to sign up for the emails. If there's nothing that interests you then delete the email.

Right now the sale price is $99.99. Just for getting the emails it's $20 cheaper.
          Gil

BT3000

Comment

• liftoff621@hotmail.com
            Forum Newbie
            • Oct 2005
            • San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA.
            • Craftsman 22124

Hf Oscillating Spindle Sander

I was looking at that one, but ended up getting the Ridgid Eb4424 - Oscillating Edge/Belt Sander for $129 (after rebate) at the Pleasanton, CA Woodworking Show. Last week it was still $199 at the local Home Depots. Felt good driving away with it in my truck.

Comment

• Brian G
              • Jun 2003
              • Bloomington, Minnesota.
              • G0899

Originally posted by ke4rdb
              "Does anyone know if the HF sanding sanding sleeves fit the Ryobi model?"

In a word "Yes". The sleeves come with a 3" one that Ryobi does not use.

JW
              The Ryobi OSS500 does use 3" sleeves.

Backing up a bit, from time to time there's reference to how the HF OSS looks like the Ryobi OSS.

A link to the HF Spindle Sander

A link to the Ryobi OSS500

They don't appear to be the same unit.
              Brian

Comment

• gaj1967
                Forum Newbie
                • Mar 2007
                • Luling, La.
                • BT3000

Here's a "side-by-side" comparison of the two pictures. Maybe not the same but very similar. I can't find stats on the Ryobi but it seems to be a decent machine, especially for about $100 at the time. It's been discontinued from what I can see. Probably the next cheapest OSS out there right now is a reconditioned Porter Cable for about twice as much.

Gil

BT3000

Comment

• JoeyGee
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2005
                  • Sylvania, OH, USA.
                  • BT3100-1

I don't have the HF, but am thinking about getting one. The one thing I don't like is the small DC port (maybe 1.25"?). I did have the Ryobi and LOVED it. It had a 2.5" DC port and it worked great. I sold it when I was getting out of WWing--but now that I've gotten back in, I kick myself any time I need an OSS, which is often after having been used to having one.

I get HF e-mails, but I have not seen the $80 price on it. I do have my 15% coupon. Maybe it's time for an early Father's Day gift...
                  Joe

Comment

• ke4rdb
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Mar 2006
                    • Mooresville, NC
                    • Ridgid TS3650

Yup, your right. I was thinking of the Ridgid OSS.

JW
                    Originally posted by Brian G
                    The Ryobi OSS500 does use 3" sleeves.

Backing up a bit, from time to time there's reference to how the HF OSS looks like the Ryobi OSS.

A link to the HF Spindle Sander

A link to the Ryobi OSS500

They don't appear to be the same unit.
                    Credidi me felem vidisse!

Comment

• LCHIEN
                      Internet Fact Checker
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Katy, TX, USA.
                      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by gaj1967
                      Here's a "side-by-side" comparison of the two pictures. Maybe not the same but very similar. I can't find stats on the Ryobi but it seems to be a decent machine, especially for about $100 at the time. It's been discontinued from what I can see. Probably the next cheapest OSS out there right now is a reconditioned Porter Cable for about twice as much.

Your side-by-side pictures are actually deceiving. Though correct pcitures, the scale is different, in life, the Ryobi is quite bit larger than the HF.
                      Loring in Katy, TX USA
                      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Ken Massingale
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2002
                        • Liberty, SC, USA.
                        • Ridgid TS3650

The weight says something also. The HF is 33 lbs. and the Ryobi is 49 lbs.

Comment

• liftoff621@hotmail.com
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Oct 2005
                          • San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA.
                          • Craftsman 22124

Maybe Not Such A Good Deal

Originally posted by liftoff621@hotmail.com
                          I was looking at that one, but ended up getting the Ridgid Eb4424 - Oscillating Edge/Belt Sander for $129 (after rebate) at the Pleasanton, CA Woodworking Show. Last week it was still $199 at the local Home Depots. Felt good driving away with it in my truck.
                          Took my new sander out of the box today and found it was not packed in styrafoam/cardboard, etc, just wadded up butcher paper. I then found "Reconditioned Unit One Year Warranty" stamped on the Operator's Manual. It looks brand new. Put it together and it operated fine. I'm keeping it, but a little disillusioned and a lot less smug. I'll open the box next time before purchase.

Comment

• Habe
                            Established Member
                            • Dec 2002
                            • Indianapolis, IN, USA.

Nothing wrong with a factory refurb. Whatever was gonna brake already broke and got fixed.
                            Habe

Comment

• ryan.s
                              • Feb 2006
                              • So Cal
                              • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by liftoff621@hotmail.com
                              Took my new sander out of the box today and found it was not packed in styrafoam/cardboard, etc, just wadded up butcher paper. I then found "Reconditioned Unit One Year Warranty" stamped on the Operator's Manual. It looks brand new. Put it together and it operated fine. I'm keeping it, but a little disillusioned and a lot less smug. I'll open the box next time before purchase.
                              When you bought it did anyone mention it was a refurb item or did they sell it as new? I'm sure it's fine but if I was lead to believe it was new I'd be a little peeved.

Comment

Working...