• Show
Clear All
  • bert11
    Established Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Wayne, Ohio, USA.
    • Now a Sears 21829

BT Accessory Kit

Was in Findlay, Ohio BORG today and saw several accessory kits on sale for $79 with 50% off on top of that making cost around $40
    If you\"re gonna be dumb
    You gotta be tough
  • tohellwithuga
    Established Member
    • Jan 2007
    • GA

I was actually looking for the kits (before I saw your post about the sale) but have not been able to find them. Where are they usually kept? I walked up and down every tool aisle 20 times probably... Couldn't find an orange apron to ask of course.

Comment

• Stormbringer
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Floral Park, NY
      • Bosch 4000

Every now and again I eye-spyed one that seems like it was just put out on the shelf because somebody found it under the trash compactor (that usually the shape their in). However, the Home Depot in Elmont NY had one in good condition this past weekend. Did not notice the price. Sorry.

Greg

Comment

• Dolsie
        Forum Newbie
        • Mar 2006

they appear to be available at Homedepot.com again (I think they were sold out for a while) Listed at $99.

Comment

• grage
          Forum Newbie
          • Dec 2005
          • Wisconsin.

I just checked a store in northern Wisconsin, there's a couple in stock there, but still marked at the $80 discounted price. Staff doesn't seem to know where to put them as they seem to move around between the pile of Ryobi stuff and the display table saws and the shelved table saws.

I was hoping these would have been marked down a bit more. $40 is a steal, $80 is a little more than it seems worth for my use.

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Dolsie
            they appear to be available at Homedepot.com again (I think they were sold out for a while) Listed at $99.
            You have to wonder what numb-nuts buyer arranged this after the BT3100 were discontinued.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• bert11
              Established Member
              • Jan 2004
              • Wayne, Ohio, USA.
              • Now a Sears 21829

you never know

you never know where these might be--this time they were in middle aisle under a table--last time they werre in overhead in flooring---next time ?????
              If you\"re gonna be dumb
              You gotta be tough

Comment

• JR
                The Full Monte
                • Feb 2004
                • Eugene, OR
                • BT3000

I saw three of them sitting among the table saws at the local store last weekend. They were sitting right where the BT3100 used to sit, lo these many months ago. Sittng there in there squalid little stack, no price, no sticker.

sniff.

JR
                JR

Comment

• kw
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Feb 2006
                  • Vero Beach, FL, USA.

BTAccessory Kit

I saw 3 accessory kits @ the Vero Beach, FL HD. If my memory serves me right they were marked down to $79 each.

Comment

• Pakaderm
                    Established Member
                    • Jan 2004

Does that mounting plate work for most routers or just Ryobi? Is it required for me to mount a bosch or hitachi router under the bt3100 table?

Thanks,
                    -Pak

Comment

• vanslyke
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Jul 2006

Not sure about bosch or hitachi. I did not fit my dewalt so I drilled new holes. It

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 2005
                        • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by LCHIEN
                        You have to wonder what numb-nuts buyer arranged this after the BT3100 were discontinued.
                        I don't think I have ever seen that phrase in writing. Nice hand!

Comment

• wdreamsmaycome
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Jan 2007
                          • Vancouver, Canada
                          • bt3100 (of course!)

has anybody ever seen these in Canada? I called a few home depot stores and nobody knew anything about them, they all said that I'd have to order them direct from ryobi (???)

Comment

• LCHIEN
                            Internet Fact Checker
                            • Dec 2002
                            • Katy, TX, USA.
                            • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Pakaderm
                            Does that mounting plate work for most routers or just Ryobi? Is it required for me to mount a bosch or hitachi router under the bt3100 table?

Thanks,
                            -Pak
                            They have holes for the pattern used by Ryobi and the Ryobi-built Craftsman routers.

But its easy to mount your own router on the aluminum plate.
                            Take the plastic scuffplate off the router you have and center it over the hole in the plate as best you can by eyeball. Use a pencil and mark the pattern of the hole susing the baseplate as a template.
                            It's best if you mark the center of these holes with a centerpunch, making a dimple in the aluminum. Use a small bit and start the hole using the dimple, then switch to the larger bit (that clears the screw) and drill through. Aluminum is very soft and drills quite easily. You should have a sharp bit and the aluminum will come off in curly slivers. If it chips off you have a dull bit. Countersink with a 82 degree countersink bit and make sure you do this from what will be the topside of the plate when mounted.
                            Loring in Katy, TX USA
                            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• ggg71
                              Forum Newbie
                              • Nov 2006
                              • Swampscott, MA
                              • BT3100

For what it's worth I found one at the BORG in Salem, MA. $79. Beat up box. I'd never seen one before...

The dustbag, miterslot table, and router mounting kit made it a worthwhile purchase for me.

Garth

Comment

Working...