• Show
Clear All
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Silicone wedding ring?

The wedding anniversary thread got me thinking...

Before I got married, the only jewelry I would wear was a watch. After marriage, it became my wedding ring. It was sufficiently big enough on my wedding day that it slipped off my finger in the limo!

Well, many years and many pounds later, ashamedly I can only get it on and off with lotion so now I don't wear the ring anymore (but I want to). Now there's the fear of ring avulsion, and because it's a titanium ring, the risk of smashing my hands, finger swelling, and EMS having difficulty cutting it off. I can't resize a Ti ring.

Is anyone wearing one of those silicone rings? There are a lot of places selling them, but they cost enough that I don't want to try a lot of different ones to figure out which one I want.

Thanks,
    Paul

• twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

My son in law lost two gold wedding rings in their first year of marriage, swimming, and feeding geese. He now buys silicone rings in five packs and loses them more slowly. I think you can spend a lot on one, but don't have to.

It has been decades since I removed either my wedding ring or my grandpa's signet ring. Neither is coming off without being cut, either the finger or the ring.
    Chr's

Comment

• atgcpaul
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2003
      • Maryland
      • Grizzly 1023SLX

I most definitely was looking in the wrong place then. I found one and I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Comment

• atgcpaul
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2003
        • Maryland
        • Grizzly 1023SLX

The ring arrived on Monday, and at dinner, my older kid pointed to my finger and said, "What's that?" I probably haven't worn my band in 2 years. The kid then quipped, "Is it because your other one doesn't fit?" Grrr (but it's hard not to find it funny when you get a burn from your nearly 12 year old.

The color (silver) is not accurate to what you see online, but for less than $10, it does the job. I already misplaced it once. I was at my desk this morning typing an email when my left hand felt different--no ring. I forgot I left it next to my recliner last night after I showered..

Comment

• twistsol
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
          • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Originally posted by atgcpaul
          ... I already misplaced it once...
          Buy them in 5 packs
          Chr's

Comment

• atgcpaul
            atgcpaul commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought about it, but then it'd be like everything else I get in multipacks--I wouldn't need the other ones ever.
        • dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

I work with my hands so much, and frequently around sharp objects that rings could be quite dangerous. I have my wedding ring, but only wear it for special occasions. As the nickname of my workshop, the Amish Heritage Workshop indicates, my famly history is not rife with ornamentation. And oddly enough I am actually kind of uncomfortable with fanciness of rings and such.

I offered to grow my beard out to my wife, I had it going for a while she didn't care for it...

With my ex the ring seemed to be the most important thing. This time around, the Marriage is much more important than the ring...

Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...